If you like how Amazon revolutionized the way we shop online then you will LOVE what Carvana has done for the car buying experience. Buying a car the old fashioned way sucks and we are working hard to make it NOT suck. At Carvana, our customers can hop online to...
- Search and browse our inventory of over 20,000 vehicles that we own and certify
- Narrow down search results using highly intelligent filtering tools/components
- View vehicle details, Carfax reports and 360 rotating studio images for every vehicle
- Secure financing in minutes using Carvana’s in house service or their own bank
- Interact with GUI components to easily customize loan length, down payment and monthly payment
- Generate, upload and eSign all documents online (no ink necessary)
- Schedule front door delivery or pick up at one of our vending machines
- Trade in their existing vehicle or just sell it to Carvana (no purchase necessary)
How do we make all that happen? Well, first we hire awesome people like you. Then we utilize cutting edge technologies like...
- Rest APIs deployed as microservices (.Net Core, Node, Azure Functions)
- Tons of cloud IaaS, PaaS and SaaS usage (Azure, some AWS)
- Unit testing, integration testing, UI/UX testing, load testing, performance, A/B testing
- MSSQL, Service Bus, Redis, Cosmos DB
- Git, Splunk, Nginx, Visual Studio, VS Code, etc…
- Elasticsearch, GraphQL, Kafka
- Sophisticated CI/CD pipeline using Azure Devops
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
For more information on Carvana and our mission, sneak a peek at our company introduction video.
As a Full Stack Software Engineer at Carvana you will have the opportunity to drive the design and development of mission critical, high-priority, and high-visibility projects including evolving and new initiatives (read: greenfield). You will join a team of highly competent, driven, and supportive engineers in our Old Town Scottsdale office.
- Write clean, secure, and highly reusable code
- Assist in building large-scale services on cloud platforms such as Azure, AWS, GCP
- Create, maintain, and optimize APIs for consumption by external and internal customers.
- Collaborate with multiple stakeholders to establish appropriate intent of our systems
- Appropriately manage priorities, dependencies, scope, dates, and deliverables
- Represent a long-term perspective on our technical landscape
- Maintain the integrity of our domain concepts and data
- Support consuming applications such as web, mobile, or other systems
- Over-communicate expectations, actions, adjustments, etc.
- Demonstrate empathy and drive
NECESSARY SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience
- A minimum of 2 years experience developing on Azure PAAS/SAAS, Azure Service Bus and/or Azure Cosmos DB
- Proven background in OOP (Functional experience is always a plus!)
- Experience with multithreading and asynchronous processing
- Passion for improving software quality, performance and reliability and engineering excellence
- Familiarity with highly scalable distributed microservices
- Understanding of design patterns, N-Tier architecture and application security
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, ability to handle diverse situations, multiple projects and rapidly changing priorities.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation communication skills, especially in representing their technical expertise to a diverse audience
- Self-motivated; works well both independently and collaboratively
- A positive attitude and an excellent sense of humor
GREAT IF YOU HAVE:
- Kubernetes and Docker
- Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning
- Git, GitHub, Bitbucket
- Azure Service Fabric
- Splunk, Tableau
- Full-Time Salary Position
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K with company match
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization
- Company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development
Hiring is contingent on passing a background check.
Carvana is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.