At Carvana, we sell cars, but we’re not salespeople. We saw a huge problem with how much it can suck to buy a car the traditional way. To fix that, we committed ourselves to tackling one of the largest, yet-to-be-disrupted markets in the world – the $1T per year U.S. car market (yes, that’s $Trillion with a “T”). We provide a seamless, online car buying experience for consumers from A-to- Z. From acquiring, inspecting and certifying high quality cars, to providing 360° high-resolution photography inside and outside of the vehicle, to generating real-time financing and warranty options, to providing consumers with the option to have cars delivered to their driveway in as little as 24 hours or pick-up from one of our state-of- the-art Car Vending Machines (yes, you read that right) all with a 7-day Money Back Guarantee, we’ve made it our mission to redefine the car buying status quo. With no dealerships or commissioned sales people, we also save thousands of dollars per car in expenses that we pass on to our customers.
Recently named Forbes’ 5th Most Promising Company in the U.S., we offer the excitement, culture and opportunity of a start-up, with the capitalization and infrastructure of a much more established business.
For more information on Carvana, take a look at our company introduction video company introduction video.
WORKING AT CARVANA YOU WILL NOTICE THAT…
You'll need to be a great communicator, a brand ambassador, and possess the know how to get the job done.
We expect bright people, willing to roll up their sleeves, take on new assignments, and juggle many things at once.
In return for your hard work, you'll have an opportunity to work at one of the fastest growing and creative technology companies around, as well as help us promote a life-changing product and develop a world-class team every day.
In our down time we have ping pong and corn hole (or “bags,” depending on where you’re from) tournaments. However, the pace is pretty quick around here, so you'll need to be prepared to keep up.
The HR Coordinator; Background & Compliance, will play an important role on the HR Operations Team at Carvana by performing a number of activities related to the company’s compliance and background check functions.
Background Check Process
- Understand all of our requirements, policies, regulations and standards related to background checks across the organization
- Support high growth recruiting efforts by working closely with our Recruiting Teams and Field People Operations Teams
- Troubleshoot access problems, screening issues, questions and settings for candidates with our background check vendor
- Communicate with candidates throughout the completion of the entire background check steps to ensure the process runs smoothly
- Provide above-and-beyond customer service to our internal customers and incoming candidates during the background check process
- Support in other HR projects as assigned and needed
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- At least 1 year of work experience in a Human Resources, Administrative Assistant or Customer Service capacity
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited undergraduate institution
- Experience and basic understanding of federal and state compliance laws as they apply to employment law is a plus
- Ability to support & communicate policy and procedure; effective verbal & written communication skills is essential in being successful in this position
- Highest level of customer service and sense of urgency
- Superior attention to detail and organizational skills
- Ability to be self-directed and proactive in work activities
- Consistently able to use ultimate discretion regarding confidential and sensitive personnel data
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check.
Carvana is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.