At Carvana, we sell cars, but we’re not salespeople. Since 2013, we’ve been making it our mission to change the way people buy cars. We saw a huge problem with how much it can suck to buy a car the traditional way, so we committed ourselves to tackling one of the largest, yet-to-be-disrupted markets in the world – the $1T per year U.S. car market (yes, that’s $Trillion with a “T”).
With the ability to search thousands of vehicles from our expansive inventory, to high-resolution 360° photographs of our vehicles’ interior and exterior, to real-time financing and the ability to complete contracts without visiting the back room of a dealership, we provide a seamless, online car buying experience for consumers that can be completed from their desktop or mobile device. All our vehicles are inspected and reconditioned based on our 150-point certification checklist and come with a 7-day return policy. We also operate our own logistics network to deliver cars to customers as soon as the next day, as well as offer customer pick-up at our state-of-the-art Car Vending Machine locations (yes, you read that right). By putting customer satisfaction at the core of our business, we’ve built a no-pressure, no-haggle online car buying experience that save our customers time and money.
For more information on Carvana, take a look at our company introduction video.
WORKING AT CARVANA YOU WILL NOTICE THAT...
You'll need to be a great communicator, a brand ambassador, and possess the know how to get the job done. We expect bright people, willing to roll up their sleeves, take on new assignments, and juggle many things at once.
In return for your hard work, you'll have an opportunity to work at one of the fastest growing and creative technology companies around, as well as help us promote a life-changing product and develop a world-class team every day.
In our down time we have ping pong and corn hole (or “bags,” depending on where you’re from) tournaments. However, the pace is pretty quick around here, so you'll need to be prepared to keep up.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR….
A high-energy, go-getting, up-and-coming Corporate Staff Accountant to join a talented and high-performing corporate accounting team. Under the direction of the Corporate Senior Accountant, the Staff Accountant is responsible for –
• Understanding related accounting concepts, ensuring compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), and safeguarding Carvana’s financial process by adhering to a defined control environment.
• Working in close association with other senior and staff accountants in a team-based environment.
• Supporting initiatives and projects defined by the accounting team.
The ideal candidate will be detail-oriented, organized and industrious as well as have a passion for efficiency and process improvement. Most importantly, you will see your insights have an immediate, tangible impact every day in a well-funded and rapidly growing company.
SPECIFICALLY, YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Supporting the corporate expense accrual process and reconciling accruals and other liabilities to the general ledger on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Supporting the prepaid expense and other asset function, working in close collaboration with the corporate accounts payable team and reconciling expense activity to the general ledger on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Recording and reconciling corporate credit card expenses through automated processes and reviewing for accuracy.
- Analyzing corporate expense accounts at the general ledger level and understanding relationships between accounts and related balances.
- Maintaining information in lease accounting cloud-based software platform for equipment leases and recording and reporting on lease financial results.
- Working closely with operational leaders to understand corporate spend and reporting back to leaders on results.
- Assisting with monthly close of general ledger, including journal entries, account reconciliations, account analysis, etc.
- Researching accounting issues that impact accruals, other liabilities, leases and expenses.
- Cross-departmental communication and collaboration to support related business processes.
THE QUALIFYING CANDIDATE MUST HAVE:
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in related field
- 1 - 2 years of accounting experience
- Thorough understanding of complex Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Ability to collaborate among multiple business units
- Strong business acumen and a thorough understanding of Finance and Economics
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and organizational abilities.
- Passion for building process and collaborating with others to develop best practices.
- Ability to operate within the unknown, in a fast paced environment, where change is the only constant.
- Ability to prioritize and be professional, with the ability to ask questions, learn and retain knowledge gained.
- Advanced Excel skills
- Enthusiasm and energy to contribute to and thrive in a rapidly growing start-up atmosphere where roles continually adapt as the company evolves
THESE SKILLS ARE A PLUS:
- CPA or CPA candidate
- Public Accounting Experience
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT IN RETURN:
- Full-Time Salary Position
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K with company match
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization
- Company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check. Carvana is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
*This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.