We sell cars but we’re not car salesmen. We saw a huge problem with how sucky it can be to buy a car and our mission is to unsuck car buying, every step of the way. We don’t see ourselves as an innovation company. But in the interest of making car buying better, we create technologies that have never been created.
We have big hearts and big dreams. Forbes recently named us in the top 5 most promising companies in America, but we want to be number one.
We’re not a big, bloated company with layers of people, all afraid to say ‘yes’. You have a voice in the direction we’re headed and we like to think that’s pretty powerful. For more information on Carvana, take a look at our company introduction video.
WORKING AT CARVANA YOU WILL NOTICE THAT...
You'll need to be a great communicator, a brand ambassador, and possess the know how to get the job done.
We expect bright people, willing to roll up their sleeves, take on new assignments, and juggle many things at once.
In return for your hard work, you'll have an opportunity to work at one of the fastest growing and creative technology companies around, as well as help us promote a life-changing product and develop a world-class team every day. In our down time we have ping pong and corn hole (or “bags,” depending on where you’re from) tournaments. However, the pace is pretty quick around here, so you'll need to be prepared to keep up.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR….
A passionate UX Designer with an insatiable curiosity to build best in class experiences. An interest in interaction design, contemporary UX methodologies and e-commerce site design is a must. We are looking for a team-player who will take pride in creating user-centered experiences for a variety of multifunctional teams and products. This individual will pay close attention to detail in order to align business goals and user needs. If you are excited to be at the center of a company disrupting the car buying industry this is the place for you!
Specifically, Your Responsibilities Include...
- Partnering with multiple stakeholders, including product managers, engineers, and other designers in drafting & brainstorming initial concepts
- Creating user flows, wireframes and prototypes
- Documenting detailed functional specifications
- Participating in user research efforts and evaluating user feedback
- Evaluating existing products and recommending optimizations
- Staying up-to-speed on relevant industry trends and monitoring competitive products
- Working with analytics to make data driven recommendations
The Qualifying Candidate Must Have...
- 3+ years of experience designing for web and/or mobile applications
- Ability to present your designs and sell your solutions to team members
- Ability to own and follow through with small to mid size projects independently and assist with larger projects.
- Flexibility to work in a fast-paced environment with shifting priorities
- Proficiency with a range of design and prototyping tools including Sketch (a must!), InVision, and Principle
- Proven experience creating user flows and wireframes
- A Passion for modern UX methodologies
- Ability to learn quickly and take direction from Senior and Lead Designers
- An understanding of the value of teamwork and how teams work…oooh, that was deep. We’re philosophizers at heart.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT IN RETURN:
- Full-Time Salary Position
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K with company match
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization
- Company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development
Carvana is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.