At Carvana, we sell cars, but we’re not salespeople. Since 2013, we’ve been making it our mission to change the way people buy cars. We saw a huge problem with how much it can suck to buy a car the traditional way, so we committed ourselves to tackling one of the largest, yet-to-be-disrupted markets in the world – the $1T per year U.S. car market (yes, that’s $Trillion with a “T”).
With the ability to search thousands of vehicles from our expansive inventory, to high-resolution 360° photographs of our vehicles’ interior and exterior, to real-time financing and the ability to complete contracts without visiting the back room of a dealership, we provide a seamless, online car buying experience for consumers that can be completed from their desktop or mobile device. All our vehicles are inspected and reconditioned based on our 150-point certification checklist and come with a 7-day return policy. We also operate our own logistics network to deliver cars to customers as soon as the next day, as well as offer customer pick-up at our state-of-the-art Car Vending Machine locations (yes, you read that right). By putting customer satisfaction at the core of our business, we’ve built a no-pressure, no-haggle online car buying experience that save our customers time and money.
For more information on Carvana, take a look at our company introduction video.
WORKING AT CARVANA YOU WILL NOTICE THAT...
You'll need to be a great communicator, a brand ambassador, and possess the know how to get the job done.
We expect bright people, willing to roll up their sleeves, take on new assignments, and juggle many things at once.
In return for your hard work, you'll have an opportunity to work at one of the fastest growing and creative technology companies around, as well as help us promote a life-changing product and develop a world-class team every day.
In our down time we have ping pong and corn hole (or “bags,” depending on where you’re from) tournaments. However, the pace is pretty quick around here, so you'll need to be prepared to keep up.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR….
Carvana is looking for an enthusiastic and talented Director, In Sale Operations to join our Customer Care leadership team. The Director will oversee a department of 300+ of Verification Advocates and Operations Managers. This position will work closely with multiple stakeholders to understand and mitigate fraud risk while accommodating customer and operational needs. We are looking for someone who is passionate about disrupting an industry, leading and inspiring a team and driving strategic change for our In Sale Operations department. Additionally, this individual will spearhead identifying efficiencies in the verifications/underwriting process, ensure Carvana takes the necessary steps to mitigate risk and oversee a critical and time sensitive piece of the day-to-day operations of a blitzscaling online automotive retail start-up.
SPECIFICALLY, YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Lead team of Managers, Team Leads and Verification Advocates, who support with the verifications and underwriting process for all Carvana customers.
- Streamline processes to be more efficient, decreasing the cycle time for customer deliveries.
- Work with various functional areas to understand current policies for fraud prevention and risk mitigation.
- Discover gaps within practices and develop strategic solutions to close them.
- Oversee the creation of real time fraud prevention and monitoring systems which will assist in the early identification of risk trends/indicators.
- Interface with product, software developers, data scientists, and other technical leadership effectively.
- Evaluate data across teams to see what underwriting should look like at the customer level to drive a positive customer experience.
- Review, communicate and recommend the development of risk policies and procedures in partnership with senior leaders to ensure appropriateness and adequacy versus industry best practices and regulatory requirements.
- Use vast amounts of data and BI tools to data mine, discover trends, and connect disparate data sources.
- Other duties as assigned.
THE QUALIFYING CANDIDATE MUST HAVE:
- 10+ years operations experience in underwriting/verification including Compliance, Risk, Audit, or 3rd party lending
- 7+ years of experience managing and leading a team
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Economics, Finance, Risk Management, or related field of study
- Ability to create high-level strategy and move to detailed execution
- An understanding of fraud prevention, risk mitigation, or outlier detection
- Ability to integrate customer experience goals into risk management program and responsibilities
- In-depth knowledge of Consumer Lending business processes and/or products and operations; regulatory requirements; and key processes, controls and exposure areas
- Strong experience with internal controls and risk assessment
- Decisiveness and sound judgment on a consistent basis
WE'D BE THRILLED IF YOU HAD...
- Master’s degree in Risk Management, Business Administration or Finance
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT IN RETURN:
- Full-Time Salary Position
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K with company match
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization
- Company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development
Carvana is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship