At Carvana, we sell cars, but we’re not salespeople. Since 2013, we’ve been making it our mission to change the way people buy cars. We saw a huge problem with how much it can suck to buy a car the traditional way, so we committed ourselves to tackling one of the largest, yet-to-be-disrupted markets in the world – the $1T per year U.S. car market (yes, that’s $Trillion with a “T”).
With the ability to search thousands of vehicles from our expansive inventory, to high-resolution 360° photographs of our vehicles’ interior and exterior, to real-time financing and the ability to complete contracts without visiting the back room of a dealership, we provide a seamless, online car buying experience for consumers that can be completed from their desktop or mobile device. All our vehicles are inspected and reconditioned based on our 150-point certification checklist and come with a 7-day return policy. We also operate our own logistics network to deliver cars to customers as soon as the next day, as well as offer customer pick-up at our state-of-the-art Car Vending Machine locations (yes, you read that right). By putting customer satisfaction at the core of our business, we’ve built a no-pressure, no-haggle online car buying experience that save our customers time and money.
For more information on Carvana, take a look at our company introduction video.
WORKING AT CARVANA YOU WILL NOTICE THAT...
You'll need to be a great communicator, a brand ambassador, and possess the know how to get the job done. We expect bright people, willing to roll up their sleeves, take on new assignments, and juggle many things at once.
In return for your hard work, you'll have an opportunity to work at one of the fastest growing and creative technology companies around, as well as help us promote a life-changing product and develop a world-class team every day.
In our down time we have ping pong and corn hole (or “bags,” depending on where you’re from) tournaments. However, the pace is pretty quick around here, so you'll need to be prepared to keep up.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR….
A property program manager to join a rapidly growing organization. The Associate Director, Property Operations will report to the Director, Infrastructure Development and Operations to manage a team that is responsible for all day-to-day property operations across multiple asset classes. The ideal candidate will have relevant experience with commercial property management including, lease management and facilities management. The ideal candidate must also possess leadership and people management skills, superior communication skills, and must be capable of working independently and collaboratively. Most importantly, you will see your insights have an immediate, tangible impact every day in a well-funded and rapidly growing company.
This role will be based in Tempe, Arizona (travel required nationally).
SPECIFICALLY, YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Leading a team of professionals to meet the commercial real estate growth goals of the company.
- Ensures all contract deliverables with service providers are met or exceeded.
- Identifies and monitors lease options and critical dates such as renewals, terminations, and expiration, and works collaboratively with stakeholders to review, discuss and respond as needed.
- Organizes and conducts stakeholder meetings including monthly and quarterly performance reviews, work order progress reports and other related reports to ensure all properties are being maintained to Carvana standards and that SLAs are being met or exceeded.
- Oversee the management and submittal of portfolio rent roll and property taxes.
- Develops and recommends service/process improvements to enable strategic lease administration and facility management objectives.
- Works with construction and development project managers through project completion to include, receipt of final executed lease documents and project completion reports.
- Drives the development of policies and procedures to enable decision making and disciplined execution.
- Assures timely review and submission of operating budgets and expenses.
- Negotiate contracts with external vendors to reach mutual agreement for new and existing programs.
- Assist with interviewing, hiring and managing a team of property managers and coordinators.
- Others duties as assigned.
THE QUALIFYING CANDIDATE MUST HAVE:
- 8 years minimum experience in facilities management and lease management
- Demonstrated experience with managing large teams
- Bachelor's degree in relevant industry
- In-depth understanding of facility management procedures and property management principles
- Excellent verbal and written communication and negotiation skills
- Exceptional organizational skills with attention to detail and ability to prioritize multiple tasks
- Must be proactive, self-motivated, and able to work with minimal supervision
- Superior interpersonal skills, ability to interface with a variety of personalities with professionalism
- Proven record of providing excellent internal and external customer service
- Must thrive in a fast-paced environment, with an entrepreneurial approach to project management and a commitment to team support
- Able to help create, develop and implement process improvement(s)
- Must promote the company culture and mission to all employees, vendors, clients, and business partners
- Must be proficient in MS Office and Adobe
- Must be willing to travel as necessary (up to 25% of the time)
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT IN RETURN:
- Full-Time Salary Position
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K with company match
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization
- Company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check. Carvana is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
*This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.