At Carvana, we sell cars, but we’re not salespeople. Since 2013, we’ve been making it our mission to change the way people buy cars. We saw a huge problem with how much it can suck to buy a car the traditional way, so we committed ourselves to tackling one of the largest, yet-to-be-disrupted markets in the world – the $1T per year U.S. car market (yes, that’s $Trillion with a “T”).
With the ability to search thousands of vehicles from our expansive inventory, to high-resolution 360° photographs of our vehicles’ interior and exterior, to real-time financing and the ability to complete contracts without visiting the back room of a dealership, we provide a seamless, online car buying experience for consumers that can be completed from their desktop or mobile device. All our vehicles are inspected and reconditioned based on our 150-point certification checklist and come with a 7-day return policy. We also operate our own logistics network to deliver cars to customers as soon as the next day, as well as offer customer pick-up at our state-of-the-art Car Vending Machine locations (yes, you read that right). By putting customer satisfaction at the core of our business, we’ve built a no-pressure, no-haggle online car buying experience that saves our customers time and money.
For more information on Carvana and our mission, sneak a peek at our company introduction video.
We’re looking for…
A driven and resourceful person to join our Product Analytics team. Carvana is a complex business with rich sets of data coming from our e-commerce site and apps, credit decisioning platform, vehicle reconditioning and logistics operations, and customer service department. We believe that excellence in analytics has a tremendous impact on the trajectory of the business and allows us to deliver exceptional customer experiences.
You will combine sophisticated analytics with incisive communication. The ideal candidate will have a deep quantitative background; be skilled at designing, running, and interpreting split tests; and have keen product instincts.
What you’ll do:
- Translate data into consumable, actionable narratives; regularly update the company, including senior leadership, with results and strategic recommendations
- Work closely with Product, Engineering, Strategic Partnerships, and Operations to assess performance and identify and prioritize opportunities
- Explore and segment data to identify and explain key drivers; design and build models, dashboards, and visualizations to support Product teams;
- Design split tests, interpret results, and communicate the broader implications
- Take ownership of the product track, enabling and empowering the constantly evolving customer experience that makes us leaders in our field
- Lead by example for the rest of the team in the above areas
Qualities and experience we’re looking for:
- Quantitative undergraduate degree (such as math, finance, computer science, engineering, etc.) with a strong academic record
- Experience with rigorous experimentation. Fluent in split testing methodologies and statistical analysis
- Analytical thinking. Capable of the full scope of data-driven decision-making: diving deep to understand the nuances of individual data points, defining illuminating summary statistics and visualizations, crafting simple yet accurate narratives, and employing all of the foregoing to improve our product and business.
- Intuitive problem solving. Understand and think through causal relationships and ripple effects. Confidence in tackling emerging and complex problems
- Technical proficiency. Ability to write clean SQL queries and employ visualization tools (e.g. Tableau). Curiosity to continue learning new analytical methods and tools. Familiarity with data pipelines, common mobile and web technologies, and general software development practices.
- Excellence in communication. Ability to collaborate and speak the language of our Creative, Product, Engineering, and Executive teams.
- Product sensibility. A student of products with sharp intuition about customers and user experience. Consumer Internet and e-commerce experience is a plus.
- Full-Time Salary Position
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K with company match
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization
- Company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development
Carvana is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.