At Carvana, we sell cars, but we’re not salespeople. Since 2013, we’ve been making it our mission to change the way people buy cars. We saw a huge problem with how much it can suck to buy a car the traditional way, so we committed ourselves to tackling one of the largest, yet-to-be-disrupted markets in the world – the $1T per year U.S. car market (yes, that’s $Trillion with a “T”).
With the ability to search thousands of vehicles from our expansive inventory, to high-resolution 360° photographs of our vehicles’ interior and exterior, to real-time financing and the ability to complete contracts without visiting the back room of a dealership, we provide a seamless, online car buying experience for consumers that can be completed from their desktop or mobile device. All our vehicles are inspected and reconditioned based on our 150-point certification checklist and come with a 7-day return policy. We also operate our own logistics network to deliver cars to customers as soon as the next day, as well as offer customer pick-up at our state-of-the-art Car Vending Machine locations (yes, you read that right). By putting customer satisfaction at the core of our business, we’ve built a no-pressure, no-haggle online car buying experience that save our customers time and money.
For more information on Carvana, take a look at our company introduction video.
WORKING AT CARVANA, YOU WILL NOTICE THAT:
You'll need to be a great communicator, a brand ambassador, and possess the know how to get the job done.
We expect bright people, willing to roll up their sleeves, take on new assignments, and juggle many things at once.
In return for your hard work, you'll have an opportunity to work at one of the fastest growing and creative technology companies around, as well as help us promote a life-changing product and develop a world-class team every day.
In our down time we have ping pong and corn hole (or “bags,” depending on where you’re from) tournaments. However, the pace is pretty quick around here, so you'll need to be prepared to keep up.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR….
A real estate leader to join a rapidly growing organization. The Associate Director, Site Selection will report to the Director of Infrastructure Development and Operations to manage a team responsible for identifying and closing appropriate sites across multiple asset classes. The leader will also help with market analysis, site selection, and property development in order to meet aggressive growth requirements. The ideal candidate will have relevant experience with commercial real estate trends, managing purchase and sale transactions and zoning. The ideal candidate must also possess superior communications skills and be capable of working independently and collaboratively. Most importantly, you will see your insights have an immediate, tangible impact every day in a well-funded and rapidly growing company.
SPECIFICALLY, YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
- Lead team of associates in site selection, market analysis, entitlements, and due diligence across multiple asset classes.
- Negotiate commercial real estate transactions, review accuracy of deal packages and achieve site approvals from internal stakeholders.
- Lead team accountable for preparation and presentation of due diligence material including but not limited to preliminary schedules, review of site related reports (Phase I ESA, Geotechinical, wetlands, etc.), surveying and plat requirements, preliminary site engineering, landscape requirements, and entitlements process and applications to local jurisdictions and property owners.
- Manage and develop external relationships with brokers, landlords, architects, land use counsel(s), environmental and geotechnical engineers, civil engineers, municipal staff, regional employees, etc.
- Manage processes for all environmental applications and permits for approval, applications for Rezoning and/or Conditional Uses, Tentative Map, Development Agreements, Design Review, General Plan Amendments, and Variances.
- Manage economic incentives process
- Develop commercial real estate market insights and trends; consolidate information into concise reports to be distributed to internal stakeholders, including senior management.
- Assist in the structuring of financial analysis and presentation of potential acquisition/dispositions deal structures to senior management.
- Travel required up to 50%.
THE QUALIFYING CANDIDATE MUST HAVE:
- 8 years minimum experience in commercial real estate, ideally in site selection and/or entitlements.
- Bachelor’s degree in real estate, urban planning, finance, economics, marketing, accounting or a related field.
- Experience leading a team.
- Experience in commercial real estate acquisition/disposition, brokerage and analytics.
- Comprehension of lease/purchase agreement language.
- Must be organized, able to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment with multiple deadlines, and adapt readily to changing priorities.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft and Google Suite
IT WOULD BE NICE IF THE CANDIDATE HAD:
- Comprehension of Real Estate financing and banking transactions
- Experience with ESRI or other demographic tools
- Experience in commercial real estate development and industrial assets
- Experience with complex Real Estate entitlement issues (zoning variance, changes, conditional use, special use, planning commission and city council meetings).
- Full-Time Salary Position
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K with company match
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization
- Company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development
Carvana is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.