At Carvana, we sell cars, but we’re not salespeople. Since 2013, we’ve been making it our mission to change the way people buy cars. We saw a huge problem with how much it can suck to buy a car the traditional way, so we committed ourselves to tackling one of the largest, yet-to-be-disrupted markets in the world – the $1T per year U.S. car market (yes, that’s $Trillion with a “T”). We provide a seamless, online car buying experience for consumers from A-to-Z. From acquiring, inspecting, and certifying high quality cars, to providing 360° high-resolution photography inside and outside of the vehicle, to generating real-time financing and warranty options, to providing consumers with the option to have cars delivered to their driveway in as little as 24 hours or pick-up from one of our state-of-the-art Car Vending Machines (yes, you read that right) all with a 7-day Money Back Guarantee, we’ve made it our mission to redefine the car buying status quo. With no dealerships or commissioned sales people, we also save thousands of dollars per car in expenses that we pass on to our customers.
Carvana offers the excitement, culture and opportunity of a start-up, with the capitalization and infrastructure of a much more established business. For more information on Carvana, take a look at our company introduction video!
WORKING AT CARVANA YOU WILL NOTICE THAT…
You'll need to be a great communicator, a brand ambassador, and possess the know how to get the job done.
We expect bright people, willing to roll up their sleeves, take on new assignments, and juggle many things at once.
In return for your hard work, you'll have an opportunity to work at one of the fastest growing and creative technology companies around, as well as help us promote a life-changing product and develop a world-class team every day.
In our down time we have ping pong and corn hole (or “bags,” depending on where you’re from) tournaments. However, the pace is pretty quick around here, so you'll need to be prepared to keep up.
The Assistant Property Manager will aid the Property Manager in managing a diverse portfolio of Carvana’s office, industrial and retail properties; as well as lease management, Landlord facility requests/maintenance and budgeting that goes along with it. The Assistant Property Manager is organized, with strong attention to detail, and great interpersonal skills.
The ideal candidate will have relevant experience with commercial property management and have strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both internally and externally. Most importantly, the Assistant Property Manager will see their insights have an immediate, tangible impact every day in a well-funded and rapidly growing company.
SPECIFICALLY, YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Daily management and oversight of existing portfolios
- Assist in Lease and Purchase Agreement abstracting
- Assist in maintaining Lease information entry and/or accuracy via ProLease software to ensure deadlines are met and maintenance language is easy to and follow
- Perform Lease reviews with ability to comprehend Landlord vs Tenant responsibilities and enforce compliance
- Assist with establishment of utility services and devise system to accurately track payments
- Assist with property tax payments, correspond with tax attorney as necessary
- Assist with new location property insurance coverages as well as vendor contracts
- Assist the Property Manager and Senior Manager of Property Operations with cost tracking
- Cost comparisons taking into account remaining lease term, rents/CAM due in order to
- Perform analysis taking into account various lease obligations including term, remaining rent costs, and facility maintenance costs
- Other duties as assigned
THE QUALIFYING CANDIDATE MUST HAVE:
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited undergraduate institution
- A minimum of 2 years of experience, or related experience and/or training, in commercial property management
- Strong comprehension of lease/purchase agreement language
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment with multiple deadlines, and adapt readily to changing priorities
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and/or G-Suite equivalents
- Working knowledge of ProLease Software or similar lease management software
- Familiar and comfortable with financial review and reporting
- Enthusiasm and energy to contribute to and thrive in a rapidly growing start-up atmosphere where roles continually adapt as the company evolves
The Assistant Property Manager will report to the Manager of Property Operations and is a salaried, full-time position based at the Home Office in Tempe. No travel required.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT IN RETURN…
- Full-Time Hourly Position
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K with company match
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization
- Company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check and drug screen.
Carvana is an equal opportunity employer.