At Carvana, we sell cars, but we’re not salespeople. Since 2013, we’ve been making it our mission to change the way people buy cars. We saw a huge problem with how much it can suck to buy a car the traditional way, so we committed ourselves to tackling one of the largest, yet-to-be-disrupted markets in the world – the $1T per year U.S. car market (yes, that’s $Trillion with a “T”).
With the ability to search thousands of vehicles from our expansive inventory, to high-resolution 360° photographs of our vehicles’ interior and exterior, to real-time financing and the ability to complete contracts without visiting the back room of a dealership, we provide a seamless, online car buying experience for consumers that can be completed from their desktop or mobile device. All our vehicles are inspected and reconditioned based on our 150-point certification checklist and come with a 7-day return policy. We also operate our own logistics network to deliver cars to customers as soon as the next day, as well as offer customer pick-up at our state-of-the-art Car Vending Machine locations (yes, you read that right). By putting customer satisfaction at the core of our business, we’ve built a no-pressure, no-haggle online car buying experience that save our customers time and money.
For more information on Carvana, take a look at our company introduction video.
WORKING AT CARVANA YOU WILL NOTICE THAT...
You'll need to be a great communicator, a brand ambassador, and possess the know how to get the job done. We expect bright people, willing to roll up their sleeves, take on new assignments, and juggle many things at once.
In return for your hard work, you'll have an opportunity to work at one of the fastest growing and creative technology companies around, as well as help us promote a life-changing product and develop a world-class team every day.
In our down time we have ping pong and corn hole (or “bags,” depending on where you’re from) tournaments. However, the pace is pretty quick around here, so you'll need to be prepared to keep up.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR….
An Operations Analyst to join a rapidly growing organization. The Operations Analyst is responsible for partnering with our leaders across operations and technology to provide data-driven insights and strategy recommendations. The Operations Analyst is expected to work with Customer Care leadership to optimize both the day to day operations and the long-term strategic direction across Customer Care at Carvana. This individual is capable of determining what data points we need to guide strategic decision making, becoming an expert in our SQL databases to retrieve those data points, building dashboards and reports to provide visibility into those metrics and reviewing and analyzing the results to collaborate with decision makers on strategic changes. In addition to preparing operational reporting and strategic analysis, the Operations Analyst will also be responsible for working with department leaders to forecast future staffing needs of the department. Most importantly, your insights and work ethic will have an immediate, tangible impact every day in a well-funded and rapidly growing company.
SPECIFICALLY, YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
- Operational Reporting
- Collaborating with Operators to determine reporting needs
- Writing SQL logic to gather necessary data
- Development and maintenance of operational reporting (often in Tableau dashboards)
- KPI Monitoring
- Work with department leaders to develop KPIs that define success
- Develop KPI dashboards for leaders
- Regular review of dashboards
- Detailed analysis as necessary based on KPIs. Communication of findings to department leaders along with recommendations for correction
- Process Optimization and Strategic Initiatives
- Conduct regular side-by-sides with advocate operations to deeply understand functions and processes
- Collaborate with department leaders on solutions for improvement
- Model out identified solutions to forecast the impacts of proposed changes
- Recommend, design and collaborate with leadership to conduct experiments designed to improve KPIs
- Forecasting Staffing Needs
- Work with department leaders to understand required forecasting needs
- Develop and maintain forecasting models
- Meet with department leaders on monthly/quarterly basis to review forecasts to ensure operations is making necessary adjustments to prepare for the future
- Product analysis
- Collaborate with our technology leaders to design systems to capture granular data to drive future decisions
- Use data to understand where opportunities for improvement exist within our customer-facing website and our advocate-facing tools
- Conduct analysis to understand potential value of proposed technology solutions to help prioritize engineering efforts
- Design and conduct experiments to evaluate the impact of technology changes
THE QUALIFYING CANDIDATE MUST HAVE:
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- 2-5 years of qualifying experience in a data analysis capacity
- Strong knowledge of Excel, SQL, and Tableau
- Experience in data mining, reporting, analysis and driving business strategy
- Ability to manage, organize, and reconcile multiple sources of information with accuracy
- Enthusiasm and energy to contribute to and thrive in a rapidly growing start-up atmosphere where roles continually adapt as the company evolves
- Hiring is contingent on candidate verifying their eligibility to work in the United States and passing a complete background check.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT IN RETURN:
- Full-Time Salary Position
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K with company match
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization
- Company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check. Carvana is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
*This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.