At Carvana, we sell cars, but we’re not salespeople. Since 2013, we’ve been making it our mission to change the way people buy cars. We saw a huge problem with how much it can suck to buy a car the traditional way, so we committed ourselves to tackling one of the largest, yet-to-be-disrupted markets in the world – the $1T per year U.S. car market (yes, that’s $Trillion with a “T”).
With the ability to search thousands of vehicles from our expansive inventory, to high-resolution 360° photographs of our vehicles’ interior and exterior, to real-time financing and the ability to complete contracts without visiting the back room of a dealership, we provide a seamless, online car buying experience for consumers that can be completed from their desktop or mobile device. All our vehicles are inspected and reconditioned based on our 150-point certification checklist and come with a 7-day return policy. We also operate our own logistics network to deliver cars to customers as soon as the next day, as well as offer customer pick-up at our state-of-the-art Car Vending Machine locations (yes, you read that right). By putting customer satisfaction at the core of our business, we’ve built a no-pressure, no-haggle online car buying experience that saves our customers time and money.
For more information on Carvana and our mission, sneak a peek at our company introduction video.
You will see your work have an immediate, scaled impact every day in a well-funded and rapidly growing company.
We're doing exciting things at Carvana! Pushing toward microservices architecture, experimenting with new technologies like Azure Service Fabric and being part of an open-minded team when it comes to learning newer technologies and tools.
Please apply if you meet the requirements… especially if you are also a kind, collaborative, brave, sharp, and customer-focused human.
*Also, this position does require that you work 100%, full-time, on site at our HQ in Tempe, Arizona. If you don't live here or if you can't relocate here, then we are sorry! But we do have an extremely flexible work schedule, and we are so awesome that you won't mind seeing our beautiful faces live and in the flesh every day.
- Perform a level of database querying and data manipulation language (DML)
- Develop loosely coupled object-oriented solutions that are highly testable, modularized, and reusable
- Develop solutions that leverage existing enterprise frameworks, align with the overall enterprise architecture and vision, and are compliant with the established coding standards and other engineering principles
- Participate in peer discussions on architecture and the overall direction of Carvana platforms
- Work in a team environment using Agile Project Management (Scrum) and Domain Driven Development
- Participate in all Scrum activities such as creating user stories, sprint planning, and sprint retrospectives
- Understand the business requirements and applies solutions that align with the long-term strategies and enterprise architecture goals
- Identifies, assesses, and manages risks to ensure successful achievement of sprint deliverables
- Provide thought leadership and technical direction to other junior team members
- At least 7 years of software development, with consistently advancing skills and responsibilities. Seriously. At least 7 years. Preferably more.
- Experience at one of the following types of companies: ecommerce/B2C, fintech, or enterprise/high availability
- Expertise with C# and .NET
- Experience in writing SQL queries and stored procedures of moderate complexity on SQL Server
- Experience with ALM practices such as unit testing, branching and merging, build automation, and continuous delivery cycles
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, ability to handle diverse situations, multiple projects and rapidly changing priorities.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation communication skills, especially in representing their technical expertise to a diverse audience
- Self-motivated; works well both independently and collaboratively
- A positive attitude and an excellent sense of humor
- 10 years of software development experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or similar field
- Experience with service-oriented architecture (SOA), Web Services, and REST protocols
- Familiarity with loosely coupled enterprise applications
- Familiarity with AngularJS, SPA, AJAX, MVVM, design patterns, and modern architectural trends
- Familiarity in current software design practices including; Domain Driven Design, Micro Services, and Eventing
- Experience with Entity Framework
- Knowledge of the Agile Scrum methodology and the various aspects such as Sprints, Stories, Tasks, Impediments, etc.
- Knowledge of Domain Driven Design
- Familiarity with Team Foundation Server and build management
- Proficient in Microsoft Office tools such as Word, Excel, Visio, and Outlook
- Full-Time Salary Position
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K with company match
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization
- Company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development
Carvana is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information