HR SPECIALIST, FIELD OPERATIONS
Recently ranked #5 in Forbes Magazine’s list of America’s Most Promising Companies, Carvana offers the excitement, culture and opportunity of a start-up, along with the capitalization and infrastructure of an established business.
We sell cars, but we’re not salespeople. At Carvana, we’ve made it our mission to transform how cars are bought and sold. We saw a huge problem with how much it can suck to buy a car the traditional way so we committed to tackling one of the largest, yet-to-be-disrupted markets in the world - the $1T per year U.S. car market (yes, that’s $Trillion with a “T”).
We provide a seamless, online car buying experience for consumers. From our searchable showroom of fully-inspected, certified cars to high-resolution 360° photographs of our vehicles’ interior and exterior, to real-time financing and warranty packages. With delivery possible to the buyer’s driveway in 24 hours or pick-up available from one of our state-of-the-art car vending machines (yes, you read that right) all with a 7-day money back guarantee, customer satisfaction is at the core of our business. With no dealerships or commissioned sales people, we also save thousands of dollars per car that we pass on to our customers.
For more information on Carvana, take a look at our company introduction video.
WORKING AT CARVANA YOU WILL NOTICE THAT...
You'll need to be a great communicator, a brand ambassador, and possess the know how to get the job done.
We expect bright people, willing to roll up their sleeves, take on new assignments, and juggle many things at once.
In return for your hard work, you'll have an opportunity to work at one of the fastest growing and creative technology companies around, as well as help us promote a life-changing product and develop a world-class team every day.
In our down time we have ping pong and corn hole (or “bags,” depending on where you’re from) tournaments. However, the pace is pretty quick around here, so you'll need to be prepared to keep up.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR….
Creating an extraordinary customer experience (for both our external and internal customers) is at the heart of Carvana. Our goal is to place the customer in control of the car buying experience and infuse honesty and transparency back into the car buying process.
The HR Specialist will act as an ambassador for People Operations in the Inspection Center. As the HR Specialist you will be focused on all things people for our Inspection Center team. We are looking for an energetic self-starter to support our HR Generalists in administering policies and implementing programs to effectively impact our most important resource - our people. The ideal candidate for this role will have skills and experience in employee relations, compliance, benefits and timekeeping for hourly associates.
The Inspection Centers operate two shifts. First shift is M-F from 6:00AM to 3:00PM. The Second shift is a 4-day work week M-Thurs from 4:30PM to 3:30AM. This role will be required to work a mid-shift in order to cover both shifts, flexibility is required in scheduling.
SPECIFICALLY, YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Conduct an unforgettable New Hire orientation consistent with company process to ensure the employee is well informed and energized on their first day.
- Ensure new hires are fully onboarded by assisting with registration in OKTA, Workday (HRIS), benefits enrollment and I9 form completion.
- Support the HR Generalist in administrative functions including but not limited to tracking disciplinary performance records, tracking new hire swag, tracking budgeting for morale events, uploading documentation to Workday, etc.
- Successfully plan and execute employee morale events.
- Maintain a pulse on employee morale and partner with the HR Generalist to take action when necessary.
- Provide a positive, transparent and approachable HR experience for our employees by regularly participating in production walks and making yourself an available resource on the floor.
- Effectively answer/address any employee questions or concerns, by conducting due diligence and interacting with the appropriate teams at Home Office when necessary.
- Assist the HR Generalist through employee relation investigations/concerns.
- Partner with Inspection Center leadership onsite to address employee issues or concerns.
- Act as the point of contact for Recruiters and leaders in the HR Generalists absence.
- Other duties as assigned.
THE QUALIFYING CANDIDATE MUST HAVE:
The qualifying candidate must love helping people and possess the drive to achieve a great employee experience. They must be goal-oriented, enthusiastic, energetic, self-motivated and detail-oriented with the ability to interact and communicate across all levels of the organization.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field
- 1-3 years working experience in a Human Resources related role
- Experience in a production environment highly preferred
- Experience with Workday (HRIS) and the G Suite platform highly preferred (specifically Google Sheets)
- Excellent attention to detail, communication and listening skills
- Fast learner with the ability to problem solve, prioritize, and multi-task
- Proven ability to interact with managers and peers in a professional and courteous manner
- Proven ability to obtain project deliverables and company metrics
- Strong analytical thinking and organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; Ability to learn quickly and transfer knowledge
- Proficient computer skills
- Valid in-state driver’s license
- Must be willing to travel when necessary (up to 10% of the time)
- This job position is designated as a safety sensitive position
- Must be able to lift up to 60 pounds independently; majority of lifting from knee to shoulder heights; other lifting required from various levels
- Must be able to carry and transport up to 60 pounds up to 20 feet
- Requires standing for an extended period of time with frequent stretching, reaching, walking and stooping, pushing and/or pulling in an environment that may be cold, hot, noisy, and wet and may have fumes or odors due to vehicle maintenance
- Requires excellent visual acuity and manual dexterity
- Requires use of safety equipment that may include but not limited to face shield or goggles, non-slip shoes, gloves, masks, and other protective garments and equipment
- Requires frequent driving and some typing
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT IN RETURN:
- Full-Time Salary Position
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K with company match
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization
- Company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development
Carvana is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.