At Carvana, we sell cars, but we’re not salespeople. Since 2013, we’ve been making it our mission to change the way people buy cars. We saw a huge problem with how much it can suck to buy a car the traditional way, so we committed ourselves to tackling one of the largest, yet-to-be-disrupted markets in the world – the $1T per year U.S. car market (yes, that’s $Trillion with a “T”).
With the ability to search thousands of vehicles from our expansive inventory, to high-resolution 360° photographs of our vehicles’ interior and exterior, to real-time financing and the ability to complete contracts without visiting the back room of a dealership, we provide a seamless, online car buying experience for consumers that can be completed from their desktop or mobile device. All our vehicles are inspected and reconditioned based on our 150-point certification checklist and come with a 7-day return policy. We also operate our own logistics network to deliver cars to customers as soon as the next day, as well as offer customer pick-up at our state-of-the-art Car Vending Machine locations (yes, you read that right). By putting customer satisfaction at the core of our business, we’ve built a no-pressure, no-haggle online car buying experience that saves our customers time and money.
For more information on Carvana and our mission, sneak a peek at our company introduction video.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR….
An Inventory Planning Analyst to join a rapidly growing organization. The Inventory Planning Analyst is responsible for analyzing a portfolio of vehicles to identify opportunities to increase margin and sales through optimal pricing decisions. We are looking for someone who likes problem solving and dealing with issues where there isn’t an obviously right answer. A successful candidate will be comfortable making independent decisions and communicating their observations and concerns across the organization. Most importantly, your insights and work ethic will have an immediate, tangible impact every day in a well-funded and rapidly growing company.
As an Inventory Planning Analyst, your specific responsibilities include…
- Execute day-to-day pricing for assigned vehicle categories.
- Review model-generated pricing recommendations for 100% accuracy and alignment to category strategy. Create reports to track errors.
- Monitor competitor prices and behavior.
- Develop and implement price tests.
- Analyze the performance of current pricing strategies and make recommendations to optimize pricing rules and present key findings to varying levels of the organization.
- Provide guidance to our purchasing team to drive increased sales, revenue, and/or profit.
- Provide feedback to our pricing and purchasing models for assigned vehicle categories.
- Conduct periodic analyses on that could include macroeconomic trends, competitor behavior, customer segmentation, inventory growth, and shifts in the demand environment.
- Act as a liaison between Pricing department and other areas of the business. Identify areas of disconnect in goals and working toward resolution.
Enough about us…
THE QUALIFYING CANDIDATE MUST HAVE:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Economics, Engineering, Finance, Math, Supply Chain, or similar field
- 1-3 years of prior experience, preferably either pricing experience, experience as a used car buyer, or in data analysis
- Strong analytical skills, specifically in Excel, SQL, and Tableau
- Enthusiasm and energy to contribute to and thrive in a rapidly growing start-up atmosphere where roles continually adapt as the company evolves
- Must be analytically-oriented, demonstrates an interest in the automotive industry, goal-oriented, enthusiastic, energetic, organized, self-motivated, with the ability to interact and communicate with all levels of the organization
- Ability to collaborate among multiple business units
- Ability to confidently converse with and present to senior management
- Hiring is contingent on candidate verifying their eligibility to work in the United States and passing a complete background check.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT IN RETURN:
- Full-Time Salary Position
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K with company match
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization
- Company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development
Carvana is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
This role may be eligible for visa sponsorship consideration.