At Carvana, we sell cars, but we’re not salespeople. Since 2013, we’ve been making it our mission to change the way people buy cars. We saw a huge problem with how much it can suck to buy a car the traditional way, so we committed ourselves to tackling one of the largest, yet-to-be-disrupted markets in the world – the $1T per year U.S. car market (yes, that’s $Trillion with a “T”).
With the ability to search thousands of vehicles from our expansive inventory, to high-resolution 360° photographs of our vehicles’ interior and exterior, to real-time financing and the ability to complete contracts without visiting the back room of a dealership, we provide a seamless, online car buying experience for consumers that can be completed from their desktop or mobile device. All our vehicles are inspected and reconditioned based on our 150-point certification checklist and come with a 7-day return policy. We also operate our own logistics network to deliver cars to customers as soon as the next day, as well as offer customer pick-up at our state-of-the-art Car Vending Machine locations (yes, you read that right). By putting customer satisfaction at the core of our business, we’ve built a no-pressure, no-haggle online car buying experience that save our customers time and money.
For more information on Carvana, take a look at our company introduction video.
WORKING AT CARVANA YOU WILL NOTICE THAT...
You'll need to be a great communicator, a brand ambassador, and possess the know how to get the job done. We expect bright people, willing to roll up their sleeves, take on new assignments, and juggle many things at once.
In return for your hard work, you'll have an opportunity to work at one of the fastest growing and creative technology companies around, as well as help us promote a life-changing product and develop a world-class team every day.
In our down time we have ping pong and corn hole (or “bags,” depending on where you’re from) tournaments. However, the pace is pretty quick around here, so you'll need to be prepared to keep up.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR...
- Taking a leading role in development of the segmentation based customer communication strategy in Carvana.
- Seeking opportunities to further automate our communications and expanding our communication channels (e.g., chat, direct mail)
- Organizing and rally cross-functional teams, including Product and Engineering for landing page hand-off, Analytics and Data Science for personalization, and Creative for images and copy
- Managing and mentoring more junior members of the customer engagement and retention team
- Analyzing large data sets in Excel, SQL, Python or similar to actively monitor campaign performance and identify opportunities for top line growth and/or efficiency gains
- Building and/or informing the development of dashboards built with Tableau, Excel or similar to communicate marketing performance and identify opportunities for improvement
- Regularly updating the Carvana executive team on marketing performance and strategy
- E-commerce experience is a plus.
- Quantitative undergraduate degree with strong academic record i.e., engineering, math, finance, computer science, accounting, business analytics, etc
- MBA or similar from a top tier program
- 2-3 years of post-MBA experience in management consulting, strategy, or P&L ownership roles
- Analytical mindset with exceptional critical thinking capabilities
- Comfort navigating and manipulating large data sets to identify trends and underlying drivers
- Proficiency in SQL preferred
- Experience with Tableau or Python is a strong plus, but not required
- Experience leading and managing teams
- Ability to thrive (and preference to work) in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with frequently changing goals and deadlines
- Demonstrated intellectual curiosity and interest in solving problems, particularly using data to help answer somewhat nebulous questions (e.g., how consumers make purchasing decisions)
- Excellence in implementation, including attention to detail and strong organizational skills
Carvana is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.