At Carvana, we sell cars, but we’re not salespeople. Since 2013, we’ve been making it our mission to change the way people buy cars. We saw a huge problem with how much it can suck to buy a car the traditional way, so we committed ourselves to tackling one of the largest, yet-to-be-disrupted markets in the world – the $1T per year U.S. car market (yes, that’s $Trillion with a “T”).
With the ability to search thousands of vehicles from our expansive inventory, to high-resolution 360° photographs of our vehicles’ interior and exterior, to real-time financing and the ability to complete contracts without visiting the back room of a dealership, we provide a seamless, online car buying experience for consumers that can be completed from their desktop or mobile device. All our vehicles are inspected and reconditioned based on our 150-point certification checklist and come with a 7-day return policy. We also operate our own logistics network to deliver cars to customers as soon as the next day, as well as offer customer pick-up at our state-of-the-art Car Vending Machine locations (yes, you read that right). By putting customer satisfaction at the core of our business, we’ve built a no-pressure, no-haggle online car buying experience that save our customers time and money.
For more information on Carvana and our mission, sneak a peek at our company introduction video!
Working at Carvana you will notice that….
Carvana is looking for an enthusiastic and experienced individual to join our team as an Associate Buyer. In this role your primary responsibility will be to acquire cars from auctions through online channels. You will ensure a great selection of vehicles for our customers by analyzing market trends, inventory profitability, sales volume, and new sources of vehicle supply. Most importantly, you will see your insights have an immediate, tangible impact every day in a well-funded and rapidly growing company.
Phoenix, AZ (Headquarters)
Specifically as a Buyer, you can expect to….
- Acquire Carvana's inventory from a variety of online platforms/auctions using analytical decision-making
- Analyze automotive industry for trends in vehicle values
- Report on inventory profitability and sales volume
- Stay abreast of new products, features and sources of vehicle supply
- Maintain relationships with key vendors
- Act as liaison between the purchasing function and other business units
Enough about us….
The qualifying candidate must be analytically-oriented, demonstrates an interest in the automotive industry, goal-oriented, enthusiastic, energetic, organized, self-motivated, with the ability to interact and communicate with all levels of the organization. Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Economics, Engineering, Finance, Math, Supply Chain, or similar field
- 1-3 years of prior experience
- Direction experience with auto auction, as a used car buyer or in the estimating of damage to automobiles
- Strong analytical skills, specifically in Excel/SQL/Tableau
- Familiarity/Interest in cars or the automotive industry
- Ability to collaborate among multiple business units
- Ability to confidently converse with and present to senior management
What you can expect in return….
- Full-Time Salary Position
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K with company match
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization
- Company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development
Carvana is an equal opportunity employer.