At Carvana, we sell cars, but we’re not salespeople. Since 2013, we’ve been making it our mission to change the way people buy cars. We saw a huge problem with how much it can suck to buy a car the traditional way, so we committed ourselves to tackling one of the largest, yet-to-be-disrupted markets in the world – the $1T per year U.S. car market (yes, that’s $Trillion with a “T”).
With the ability to search thousands of vehicles from our expansive inventory, to high-resolution 360° photographs of our vehicles’ interior and exterior, to real-time financing and the ability to complete contracts without visiting the back room of a dealership, we provide a seamless, online car buying experience for consumers that can be completed from their desktop or mobile device. All our vehicles are inspected and reconditioned based on our 150-point certification checklist and come with a 7-day return policy. We also operate our own logistics network to deliver cars to customers as soon as the next day, as well as offer customer pick-up at our state-of-the-art Car Vending Machine locations (yes, you read that right). By putting customer satisfaction at the core of our business, we’ve built a no-pressure, no-haggle online car buying experience that save our customers time and money.
For more information on Carvana, take a look at our company introduction video.
WORKING AT CARVANA YOU WILL NOTICE THAT...
You'll need to be a great communicator, a brand ambassador, and possess the know how to get the job done.
We expect bright people, willing to roll up their sleeves, take on new assignments, and juggle many things at once.
In return for your hard work, you'll have an opportunity to work at one of the fastest growing and creative technology companies around, as well as help us promote a life-changing product and develop a world-class team every day.
In our down time we have ping pong and corn hole (or “bags,” depending on where you’re from) tournaments. However, the pace is pretty quick around here, so you'll need to be prepared to keep up.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR….
An experienced and self motivated Facilities Manager to support our Inspection Centers. The size of our centers ranges from 150,000 to 200,000 sqft with up to 500 associates at each location. The Facilities Manager will have the unique opportunity to lead the proactive and preventative facility maintenance across our Inspection Center operations in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment. As the Facilities Manager, you will be expected to leverage your knowledge and experience in facilities management and work cross-functionally to maximize equipment and facility resources while meeting safety and budget requirements. The Facilities Manager will report to our Director of Inspection Center Execution and must be willing to travel up to 35% of the time.
SPECIFICALLY, YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Quickly respond to and resolve equipment and facility issues at your assigned Inspection Center locations.
- Leverage your knowledge and experience in TPM (Total Productive Maintenance) to achieve proactive and preventative maintenance that will maximize operational efficiency across the Inspection Center operations.
- Work as an on-the-ground project manager and liaison for any initiatives or critical work orders impacting the Inspection Center facility to ensure they are completed in a timely manner.
- Apply root cause analysis to develop and implement innovative procedures and processes that will decrease safety risk and increase productivity while maintaining compliance with local, state and federal regulations.
- Establish and maintain key metrics and standardized work for the maintenance of the facility. Monitor metrics and modify maintenance as necessary.
- Maintain strong relationships and effectively partner with stakeholders at the Inspection Center and HQ (ie. Real Estate, Facilities, Industrial Process Engineering, site leadership).
- Support site leadership in the implementation of short and long-term projects impacting the Inspection Center facility.
- Ensure successful execution of facilities/maintenance practices by leveraging your expertise to partner with internal stakeholders and external parties and provide constructive and candid feedback to all involved stakeholders.
- Other duties as assigned.
THE QUALIFYING CANDIDATE MUST HAVE:
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a facility maintenance role in a manufacturing environment
- High action orientation to resolve problems
- Knowledge of TPM (Total Productive Maintenance)
- General knowledge of OSHA guidelines.
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written.
- Ability to manage multiple projects across several locations
- Advanced troubleshooting , decision making and technical capability.
- Ability to work independently.
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Suite.
- Valid in-state driver’s license.
- Must be willing to travel when necessary (up to 35% of the time).
- Must be willing to work across multiple shifts
- This job position is designated as a safety sensitive position
- Must be able to lift up to 60 pounds independently; majority of lifting from knee to shoulder heights; other lifting required from various levels
- Must be able to carry and transport up to 60 pounds up to 20 feet
- Requires standing for extended periods of time with frequent stretching, reaching, walking and stooping, pushing and/or pulling in an environment that may be cold, hot, noisy, and wet and may have fumes or odors due to vehicle maintenance
- Requires excellent visual acuity and manual dexterity
- Requires use of safety equipment that may include but not limited to face shield or goggles, non-slip shoes, gloves, mask, and other protective garments and equipment
- Requires frequent driving and some typing
The Facilities Manager will report to the Director of Inspection Center Execution and will be a salaried, full-time position based out of Winder, Georgia. Travel will be required approximately 35% of the time.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT IN RETURN:
- Full-Time Salary Position
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K with company match
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization
- Company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development
Carvana is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.