We sell cars but we’re not car salesmen. We saw a huge problem with how sucky it can be to buy a car and our mission is to unsuck car buying, every step of the way. We don’t see ourselves as an innovation company. But in the interest of making car buying better, we create technologies that have never been created. We have big hearts and big dreams. Forbes recently named us in the top 5 most promising companies in America, but we want to be number one. We’re not a big, bloated company with layers of people, all afraid to say ‘yes’. You have a voice in the direction we’re headed and we like to think that’s pretty powerful.
For more information on Carvana, take a look at our company introduction video.
WORKING AT CARVANA YOU WILL NOTICE THAT…
You'll need to be a great communicator, a brand ambassador and possess the know how to get the job done.
We expect bright people, willing to roll up their sleeves, take on new assignments and juggle many things at once.
In return for your hard work, you'll have an opportunity to work at one of the fastest growing and creative technology companies around, as well as help us promote a life-changing product and develop a world-class team every day.
As an Automotive Inspection Center Training Specialist, you will leverage your skills and expertise to create and maintain training courses, and technical reference materials. You will work closely with the IC team and subject matter experts to stay abreast of process changes and update training content accordingly. The training specialist will also support both the Safety and HR department training programs as needed.
SPECIFICALLY, YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
- Contribute to new training program design and existing program enhancements.
- Train and assist in the development of IC Reconditioning shop personnel.
- Provide support to HR/Safety department administering On-boarding, Safety training and organization of monthly safety committee meetings.
- Partner with IC leaders, subject matter experts, and target audience to gather information needed in the creation, implementation and improvement of training programs/materials.
- Develop Ad hoc training programs for/with General Manager.
- Maintains IC training records, arranges information and files in a useful manner.
- Align with management, supervisors and associates to gain knowledge of work situations requiring training and to better understand changes in policies, procedures, regulations, business initiatives and technologies.
- Evaluate training effectiveness.
- Reports on progress of employees under guidance during training periods.
THE QUALIFYING CANDIDATE MUST HAVE:
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- Previous training experience
- Knowledge of adult learning methodologies, learning management system and
training delivery platforms
- Technical aptitude, with an understanding of computer networking and related
- Ability to work under minimal supervision, independently when needed, and as
part of a team
- Flexible, creative and innovative, with the ability to manage responsibilities and
priorities in a fast-paced, growth-oriented and time-critical environment.
- Be self-directed and motivated.
- Be detail oriented and able to meet deadlines.
- Excellent communications skills, oral and written
- Ability to interpret technical data, processes, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals
- Ability to communicate with a variety of audiences and engage and influence stakeholders
- Ability to simply and effectively communicate complex concepts and materials to individuals and groups of varying experience
- Ability to interact effectively with all departments and employee levels
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Strong analysis and decision making ability
- Solid organization, project management and planning skills
- Demonstrated presentation skills
- Demonstrated attention to detail, organization and time management skills
- Proficient computer skills
- The physical environment requires the employee to work both inside and outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions
- Will be required to use personal protective equipment to prevent exposure to hazardous material
- Frequent standing and sitting with varying periods of each
- May at times require working different shifts
- Walk up to three miles each day
- Lift up to 40 pounds frequently
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check and drug screening.
Carvana is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.