At Carvana, we sell cars, but we’re not salespeople. Since 2013, we’ve been making it our mission to change the way people buy cars. We saw a huge problem with how much it can suck to buy a car the traditional way, so we committed ourselves to tackling one of the largest, yet-to-be-disrupted markets in the world – the $1T per year U.S. car market (yes, that’s $Trillion with a “T”).
With the ability to search thousands of vehicles from our expansive inventory, to high-resolution 360° photographs of our vehicles’ interior and exterior, to real-time financing and the ability to complete contracts without visiting the back room of a dealership, we provide a seamless, online car buying experience for consumers that can be completed from their desktop or mobile device. All our vehicles are inspected and reconditioned based on our 150-point certification checklist and come with a 7-day return policy. We also operate our own logistics network to deliver cars to customers as soon as the next day, as well as offer customer pick-up at our state-of-the-art Car Vending Machine locations (yes, you read that right). By putting customer satisfaction at the core of our business, we’ve built a no-pressure, no-haggle online car buying experience that saves our customers time and money.
For more information on Carvana and our mission, sneak a peek at our company introduction video.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR….
A Merchandising Analyst to join a rapidly growing organization. The Merchandising Analyst is responsible for providing consumable data points to department leaders (Inventory, Inspection Centers, Post-Sale Operations) and operators to assist in the day to day operations across Carvana. This individual is capable of reviewing data trends and working with department leaders on identifying what is causing changes in trends, and collaborating on resolutions. In additional to preparing data models, the Merchandising Analyst will also be responsible for working with department leaders to forecast future needs of the department (i.e., inventory, staffing, Production, etc.). Most importantly, your insights and work ethic will have an immediate, tangible impact every day in a well-funded and rapidly growing company.
SPECIFICALLY, YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
- Work with the purchasing department to understand required forecasting needs to support inventory assortment and margin
- Develop and maintain forecasting models
- Meet with department leaders on monthly/quarterly basis to review forecasts to ensure operations is making necessary adjustments to prepare for the future
- Process Improvements
- Working with Operators to pin point data and process weaknesses
- Work with department leaders to understand the changes needed, and collaborate on solutions for change
- Ability to model out identified solutions to forecast the impact the change would have on operations
- Daily Reporting & Monitoring
- Development of daily reporting and exception reports
- Regular maintenance of daily reports
- Develop KPI dashboards
- Detail review of data as necessary based on KPIs. Communication of findings to department leaders along with recommendations for correction.
THE QUALIFYING CANDIDATE MUST HAVE:
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution
- 2+ years of CPG merchandising and/or data analysis experience
- Strong knowledge of Excel, SQL, and Tableau
- Experience in data mining, and analysis in production, supply chain, operations a plus
- Ability to manage, organize, and reconcile multiple sources of information with accuracy
- Enthusiasm and energy to contribute to and thrive in a rapidly growing start-up atmosphere where roles continually adapt as the company evolves
- Hiring is contingent on candidate verifying their eligibility to work in the United States and passing a complete background check.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT IN RETURN:
- Full-Time Salary Position
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K with company match
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization
- Company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development
Carvana is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
This role is eligible for visa sponsorship consideration.