At Carvana, we sell cars, but we’re not salespeople. Since 2013, we’ve been making it our mission to change the way people buy cars. We saw a huge problem with how much it can suck to buy a car the traditional way, so we committed ourselves to tackling one of the largest, yet-to-be-disrupted markets in the world – the $1T per year U.S. car market (yes, that’s $Trillion with a “T”).
With the ability to search thousands of vehicles from our expansive inventory, to high-resolution 360° photographs of our vehicles’ interior and exterior, to real-time financing and the ability to complete contracts without visiting the back room of a dealership, we provide a seamless, online car buying experience for consumers that can be completed from their desktop or mobile device. All our vehicles are inspected and reconditioned based on our 150-point certification checklist and come with a 7-day return policy. We also operate our own logistics network to deliver cars to customers as soon as the next day, as well as offer customer pick-up at our state-of-the-art Car Vending Machine locations (yes, you read that right). By putting customer satisfaction at the core of our business, we’ve built a no-pressure, no-haggle online car buying experience that our customers time and money.
For more information on Carvana and our mission, sneak a peek at our company introduction video.
WORKING AT CARVANA YOU WILL NOTICE THAT…
You'll need to be a great communicator, a brand ambassador and possess the know how to get the job done.
We expect bright people, willing to roll up their sleeves, take on new assignments and juggle many things at once.
In return for your hard work, you'll have an opportunity to work at one of the fastest growing and creative technology companies around, as well as help us promote a life-changing product and develop a world-class team every day.
In our down time we have ping pong and corn hole (or “bags,” depending on where you’re from) tournaments. However, the pace is pretty quick around here, so you'll need to be prepared to keep up.
Carvana is looking for an enthusiastic and experienced talent development professional who will bring passion for employee development and culture to our Corp & Tech Talent team. This position will work closely with the Corp & Tech Talent Development leader and team on the creation and implementation of programs and initiatives in the areas of Talent Management, Engagement, Competency Management,Training, and Org Development. No day will be exactly the same. This individual will act as lead for key programs within assigned internal client groups and support with our ongoing performance check-ins, internal training programs and leadership/career development.
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with a passion for talent development, a high level of flexibility and commitment, and the ability to tackle ambiguity and process improvement. Most importantly, you will see your insights have an immediate, tangible impact every day in a rapidly growing and evolving company.
Specifically, you will …
- Be responsible for the administration of performance management, including performance check-ins, competency management, and other processes; champion use of HRIS system with managers and employees
- Partner with department leadership on all things related to talent, including, talent movement, employee development, performance, and soft skill training
- Develop and build curriculum for competency-based trainings and evaluate the effectiveness of existing training programs
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of talent management materials, presentations, and communications
- Conduct ongoing needs analysis and identify potential skill gaps across assigned departments
- Partner with Recruiting, HR Operations and Department leadership, to help translate Talent needs into quality Talent decisions
- Provide one-on-one career coaching for employees
- Extend the on-boarding experience, working directly with our training team, department leadership, and new hires
- Influence and support large scale change management efforts
- Constantly think of new ways to improve all things talent including the employee experience, talent management practices, career development, reporting, hiring manager experience, and more
- Support with other projects as needed
The qualifying candidate must have:
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited undergraduate institution required; Masters in Human Resources, Business, I/O Psychology, or related degree preferred
- At least 3 years of experience in Human Resources, Organizational Development, Training, or related field
- Experience with HR technology/HRIS systems required; Workday experience is a plus
- Solid organizational and project management skills
- Proven ability to interact and build relationships effectively at all levels within the organization, including senior management
- High degree of integrity and honesty
- Excellent communication, including facilitation and presentation skills
- Ability to coach and motivate others with high influencing skills
- The energy and drive to accomplish goals, meet deadlines, and find solutions.
What you can expect in return:
- Full-Time Salary Position
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K with company match
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization
- Company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development
Carvana is an equal opportunity employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.