At Carvana, we sell cars, but we’re not salespeople. Since 2013, we’ve been making it our mission to change the way people buy cars. We saw a huge problem with how much it can suck to buy a car the traditional way, so we committed ourselves to tackling one of the largest, yet-to-be-disrupted markets in the world – the $1T per year U.S. car market (yes, that’s $Trillion with a “T”).
With the ability to search thousands of vehicles from our expansive inventory, to high-resolution 360° photographs of our vehicles’ interior and exterior, to real-time financing and the ability to complete contracts without visiting the back room of a dealership, we provide a seamless, online car buying experience for consumers that can be completed from their desktop or mobile device. All our vehicles are inspected and reconditioned based on our 150-point certification checklist and come with a 7-day return policy. We also operate our own logistics network to deliver cars to customers as soon as the next day, as well as offer customer pick-up at our state-of-the-art Car Vending Machine locations (yes, you read that right). By putting customer satisfaction at the core of our business, we’ve built a no-pressure, no-haggle online car buying experience that our customers time and money.
For more information on Carvana and our mission, sneak a peek at our company introduction video!
We’re looking for:
Carvana’s operations are complex and benefit from data, analysis, reporting, and process improvements. An ideal candidate will support our operations by understanding workflows, identifying areas of opportunity, and utilizing their technical skills to solve problems and improve processes, while providing visibility into the business unit.
This person should be anxious to leverage his/her analytical and technical skills to make an immediate and meaningful impact on the business. We have no shortage of data, resources or ambition at Carvana, and we are excited to bring on people who share our desire to leverage data and technology to accelerate our disruption of the traditional car buying experience.
Specifically, your responsibilities include:
- Understand and optimize the precise mechanics and data underpinning our market operations KPIs
- Analyze large data sets in SQL, Python or similar to actively monitor market operations performance and identify opportunities for efficiencies
- Automate market operations processes including incorporation of data into real-time decision making
- Build dashboards using Tableau to explain/communicate performance and identify opportunities for improvement
- Partner closely with cross-functional partners (recruiting, finance, product, logistics) to create recommendations on key metrics and targets
- Regularly update leadership on performance and general business updates
The qualifying candidate must have:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Economics, Engineering, Finance, Math, Supply Chain, or similar field (3+ years of experience)
- Analytical mindset with exceptional critical thinking capabilities
- Comfort navigating and manipulating large data sets to identify trends and underlying drivers
- Expert level knowledge of SQL and Tableau is a strong plus
- Ability to thrive (and preference to work) in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with frequently changing goals and deadlines
- Demonstrated intellectual curiosity and interest in solving problems
- Excellence in implementation, including attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Enthusiasm and positive energy to contribute to and thrive in a rapidly growing start-up atmosphere where roles continually adapt as the company evolves
What you can expect in return:
- Full-Time Salary Position
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K with company match
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization
- Company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development
- Carvana is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Carvana is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.