At Carvana, we sell cars, but we’re not salespeople. Since 2013, we’ve been making it our mission to change the way people buy cars. We saw a huge problem with how much it can suck to buy a car the traditional way, so we committed ourselves to tackling one of the largest, yet-to-be-disrupted markets in the world – the $1T per year U.S. car market (yes, that’s $Trillion with a “T”).
With the ability to search thousands of vehicles from our expansive inventory, to high-resolution 360° photographs of our vehicles’ interior and exterior, to real-time financing and the ability to complete contracts without visiting the back room of a dealership, we provide a seamless, online car buying experience for consumers that can be completed from their desktop or mobile device. All our vehicles are inspected and reconditioned based on our 150-point certification checklist and come with a 7-day return policy. We also operate our own logistics network to deliver cars to customers as soon as the next day, as well as offer customer pick-up at our state-of-the-art Car Vending Machine locations (yes, you read that right). By putting customer satisfaction at the core of our business, we’ve built a no-pressure, no-haggle online car buying experience that saves our customers time and money.
Recently named Forbes’ 5th Most Promising Company in the U.S., we offer the excitement, culture, and opportunity of a start-up, with the capitalization and infrastructure of a much more established business. For more information on Carvana and our mission, sneak a peek at our company introduction video.
WORKING AT CARVANA YOU WILL NOTICE THAT…
You'll need to be a great communicator, a brand ambassador, and possess the know how to get the job done.
We expect bright people, willing to roll up their sleeves, take on new assignments, and juggle many things at once.
In return for your hard work, you'll have an opportunity to work at one of the fastest growing and creative technology companies around, as well as help us promote a life-changing product and develop a world-class team every day.
In our down time we have ping pong and corn hole (or “bags,” depending on where you’re from) tournaments. However, the pace is pretty quick around here, so you'll need to be prepared to keep up.
We also have Wacky Pants Wednesdays…so you’ll have to come correct here to compete with our CEO, Ernie.
We are looking for a passionate Product Manager to craft delightful and needle-moving experiences across all risk- and underwriting-related aspects of our product. This includes user-facing product work like our self-service verification and document upload UX across the site, as well as internal use cases like internal tooling for our risk and verification teams. You'll have exposure to very senior parts of the organization and be an integral part of one of the identified Top 5 priorities across the entire company.
Ideally, you are fanatical about delighting users, moving huge numbers, and seeing your product vision come to life. You love being involved with every step of the process, from market research to customer development to solution design and iteration. You’re highly autonomous and capable of taking high-level business problems and quickly developing solutions. And you're passionate about building deep relationships with your stakeholders and making sure their needs are represented to the rest of the business.
We iterate quickly, and having already amassed large and accelerating sales numbers, you will see your work have an immediate, growing impact every day in a hypergrowth company.
You will analyze data, work closely with design and engineering to scope releases, write detailed requirements, and prioritize features and bugs. You’re also expected to be the leader of your team, ultimately responsible for the success of projects and the long-term trajectory of your KPIs.
- Participate end-to-end in the product life cycle, especially market research, customer development, and requirements gathering/consolidation
- Be actively involved in interpreting analytics and customer data
- Collaborate with Carvana's Engineering, Creative, Marketing and Customer Advocate teams
- Work onsite in our Phoenix office (or be willing to commute here 4+ days a week)
THE QUALIFYING CANDIDATE MUST HAVE...
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- At least 5 years of experience in software product management
- Deep product experience at one or more highly successful (and ideally hypergrowth) companies
- Familiarity with finance and economics concepts, and ideally product work in these areas
- Expertise with SQL
- Split-testing design and interpretation
- Great communication and collaboration skills
- Open to feedback from all parts of the company
- A sense of humor (read this again, if necessary)
WE’D BE THRILLED IF YOU HAD ...
- Definitive design sensibility (your wireframes don’t make people laugh or cry)
- Knowledge of data science best practices
- Agile methodology experience
- Product strategy/roadmapping experience
- HTML/CSS/JS web development experience (for prototyping)
- Familiarity with Tableau (for creating new reports)
- Automotive industry experience
Carvana is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.