At Carvana, we sell cars, but we’re not salespeople. Since 2013, we’ve been making it our mission to change the way people buy cars. We saw a huge problem with how much it can suck to buy a car the traditional way, so we committed ourselves to tackling one of the largest, yet-to-be-disrupted markets in the world – the $1T per year U.S. car market (yes, that’s $Trillion with a “T”).
With the ability to search thousands of vehicles from our expansive inventory, to high-resolution 360° photographs of our vehicles’ interior and exterior, to real-time financing and the ability to complete contracts without visiting the back room of a dealership, we provide a seamless, online car buying experience for consumers that can be completed from their desktop or mobile device. All our vehicles are inspected and reconditioned based on our 150-point certification checklist and come with a 7-day return policy. We also operate our own logistics network to deliver cars to customers as soon as the next day, as well as offer customer pick-up at our state-of-the-art Car Vending Machine locations (yes, you read that right). By putting customer satisfaction at the core of our business, we’ve built a no-pressure, no-haggle online car buying experience that save our customers time and money.
For more information on Carvana, take a look at our company introduction video.
WORKING AT CARVANA YOU WILL NOTICE THAT...
You'll need to be a great communicator, a brand ambassador, and possess the know how to get the job done. We expect bright people, willing to roll up their sleeves, take on new assignments, and juggle many things at once.
In return for your hard work, you'll have an opportunity to work at one of the fastest growing and creative technology companies around, as well as help us promote a life-changing product and develop a world-class team every day. In our down time we have ping pong and corn hole (or “bags,” depending on where you’re from) tournaments. However, the pace is pretty quick around here, so you'll need to be prepared to keep up.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR….
An analytical, driven and resourceful person to join our rapidly growing organization. This individual will have the unique opportunity to join a team that is in the process of building best in class data-driven supply chain capabilities from the ground up. As Analyst, Inventory Analytics, you will be focused on building and implementing the system that tracks the status of a vehicle across multiple business units. The Analyst, Inventory Analytics will partner with all areas of the operation to learn about the current process and build the necessary process to track returned inventory.
This person does NOT need to have experience in supply chain, but must be anxious to leverage his/her analytical and technical skills to make an immediate and meaningful impact on the business. We have no shortage of data, resources or ambition at Carvana, and we are excited to bring on people who share our desire to leverage data and technology to accelerate our disruption of the traditional car buying experience.
SPECIFICALLY, YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- You will add business value by helping architect, design, and prototype solutions to streamline and optimize the returned inventory process.
- Utilize business intelligence related tools and concepts such as Tableau, SQL (through MS SQL Server), relational database design, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Excel, and Python to solve operational problems.
- Automate supply chain and inventory management processes including incorporation of data into real-time decision making
- Build dashboards using Tableau, Excel or similar to explain/communicate inventory performance and identify opportunities for improvement
- Regularly update leadership on supply chain forecasts, facilitating x-functional communication
- You will work with end-users to validate data and ensure buy-in with new reporting or analysis.
- You will work with others to understand business processes and deliver data so that non-technical resources can understand/respond as needed.
- You will become familiar with current operations across various operational departments.
THE QUALIFYING CANDIDATE MUST HAVE:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Economics, Engineering, Finance, Math, Supply Chain, or similar field (3+ years of experience)
- Experience with Tableau and SQL required
- Expert level knowledge of Excel
- Analytical mindset with exceptional critical thinking capabilities
- Comfort navigating and manipulating large data sets to identify trends and underlying drivers
- Proficiency in PowerPivot, Microsoft VBA preferred
- Experience with Python is a strong plus, but not required
- Ability to thrive (and preference to work) in a dynamic, fast-paced environment with frequently changing goals and deadlines
- Demonstrated intellectual curiosity and interest in solving problems
- Excellence in implementation, including attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Enthusiasm and positive energy to contribute to and thrive in a rapidly growing start-up atmosphere where roles continually adapt as the company evolves
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT IN RETURN:
- Full-Time Hourly Position
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K with company match
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization
- Company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development
Carvana is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship. Will consider applicants with current visa.