At Carvana, we sell cars, but we’re not salespeople. Since 2013, we’ve been making it our mission to change the way people buy cars. We saw a huge problem with how much it can suck to buy a car the traditional way, so we committed ourselves to tackling one of the largest, yet-to-be-disrupted markets in the world – the $1T per year U.S. car market (yes, that’s $Trillion with a “T”).
With the ability to search thousands of vehicles from our expansive inventory, to high-resolution 360° photographs of our vehicles’ interior and exterior, to real-time financing and the ability to complete contracts without visiting the back room of a dealership, we provide a seamless, online car buying experience for consumers that can be completed from their desktop or mobile device. All our vehicles are inspected and reconditioned based on our 150-point certification checklist and come with a 7-day return policy. We also operate our own logistics network to deliver cars to customers as soon as the next day, as well as offer customer pick-up at our state-of-the-art Car Vending Machine locations (yes, you read that right). By putting customer satisfaction at the core of our business, we’ve built a no-pressure, no-haggle online car buying experience that save our customers time and money.
For more information on Carvana, take a look at our company introduction video.
WORKING AT CARVANA YOU WILL NOTICE THAT...
You'll need to be a great communicator, a brand ambassador, and possess the know how to get the job done.
We expect bright people, willing to roll up their sleeves, take on new assignments, and juggle many things at once.
In return for your hard work, you'll have an opportunity to work at one of the fastest growing and creative technology companies around, as well as help us promote a life-changing product and develop a world-class team every day.
In our down time we have ping pong and corn hole (or “bags,” depending on where you’re from) tournaments. However, the pace is pretty quick around here, so you'll need to be prepared to keep up.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR….
The Loss Prevention Team Lead will be held responsible for promoting Loss Prevention processes and implementing policies to reduce loss and liability as it relates to safety and asset protection across our Inspection Center organization. Job duties of the Loss Prevention Team Lead will include handling on-site loss investigations, partnering with operations on weekly L&P and Safety audits, attending hearings for vehicle recovery and supporting process improvement within the IC’s to correct any discrepancies from the security and safety perspective. The Loss Prevention Team Lead will report to the Project Manager of Asset Protection within the Safety Department and will be expected to demonstrate exceptional discretion, decision-making and professionalism regarding confidential and sensitive employee information.
SPECIFICALLY, YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Leverage your experience to develop and nurture strong relationships with all business partners to ensure issues related to security and safety are reconciled as a team.
- Conduct interviews as needed through the investigative process and debrief matters through the appropriate chain of command. Maintain a strong partnership with the People Operations team and disclose findings as needed.
- Partner with IC site leadership, Safety, Legal and People Operations (local and HQ) to identify and implement process improvements related to safety and asset protection.
- Partner with local law enforcement on all reportable incidents, ensuring that all necessary stakeholders and People Operations are looped in before contacting law enforcement on any new case.
- Attend court dates and hearings when necessary.
- Promote the Carvana Tip Line and encourage participation by building awareness around loss prevention and the impact it has to our business.
- Leverage your expertise to thoroughly and fairly investigate in the discovery of new losses. Seek to completely understand the “why” to every “what” and involve the appropriate stakeholders before seeking to find a resolution.
- Enforce all contract security and vendors to adhere to all policies and guidelines set forth by the Project Manager of Asset Protection and vendor contract.
- Physically inspect Vending Machine locations for safety and security matters according to the direction of the Project Manager of Asset Protection.
- Conduct weekly safety and security audits and submit your findings in a timely manner.
- Regularly monitor and ensure that Carvana vehicles are being driven and operated in a safe manner and in accordance with Carvana policy.
- Maintain site compliance by walking the location on a daily basis, identifying any potential OSHA violations (blocked fire exits, spills, trip/fall hazards, lifting techniques, improper use of power tools, illegal storage of combustible chemicals and fuel).
- Other duties as assigned
THE QUALIFYING CANDIDATE MUST HAVE:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 3+ year of loss prevention/asset protection experience
- Law enforcement or military background preferred but not required
- General knowledge of OSHA guidelines
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written
- Ability to work through teams to achieve results
- Advanced problem solving and decision making skills
- Ability to work independently
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Suite
- Valid in-state driver’s license
- This job position is designated as a safety sensitive position
- Must be able to lift up to 60 pounds independently; majority of lifting from knee to shoulder heights; other lifting required from various levels
- Must be able to carry and transport up to 60 pounds up to 20 feet
- Requires standing for extended period of time with frequent stretching, reaching, walking and stooping, pushing and/or pulling in an environment that may be cold, hot, noisy, and wet and may have fumes or odors due to vehicle maintenance
- Requires excellent visual acuity and manual dexterity
- Requires use of safety equipment that may include but not limited to face shield or goggles, non-slip shoes, gloves, mask, and other protective garments and equipment
- Requires frequent driving and some typing
The Loss Prevention Team Lead will report to the Project Manager of Asset Protection and will be a salaried, full-time position based out of Delanco, NJ.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT IN RETURN:
- Full-Time Salary Position
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K with company match
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization
- Company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development
Carvana is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.