At Carvana, we sell cars, but we’re not salespeople. Since 2013, we’ve been making it our mission to change the way people buy cars. We saw a huge problem with how much it can suck to buy a car the traditional way, so we committed ourselves to tackling one of the largest, yet-to-be-disrupted markets in the world – the $1T per year U.S. car market (yes, that’s $Trillion with a “T”).
With the ability to search thousands of vehicles from our expansive inventory, to high-resolution 360° photographs of our vehicles’ interior and exterior, to real-time financing and the ability to complete contracts without visiting the back room of a dealership, we provide a seamless, online car buying experience for consumers that can be completed from their desktop or mobile device. All our vehicles are inspected and reconditioned based on our 150-point certification checklist and come with a 7-day return policy. We also operate our own logistics network to deliver cars to customers as soon as the next day, as well as offer customer pick-up at our state-of-the-art Car Vending Machine locations (yes, you read that right). By putting customer satisfaction at the core of our business, we’ve built a no-pressure, no-haggle online car buying experience that save our customers time and money.
For more information on Carvana, take a look at our company introduction video.
WORKING AT CARVANA YOU WILL NOTICE THAT...
You'll need to be a great communicator, a brand ambassador, and possess the know how to get the job done.
We expect bright people, willing to roll up their sleeves, take on new assignments, and juggle many things at once.
In return for your hard work, you'll have an opportunity to work at one of the fastest growing and creative technology companies around, as well as help us promote a life-changing product and develop a world-class team every day.
In our down time we have ping pong and corn hole (or “bags,” depending on where you’re from) tournaments. However, the pace is pretty quick around here, so you'll need to be prepared to keep up.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR….
Are you a hands-on ninja who likes to tinker with photography equipment? Is the title “Grip” on your resume or in your future? If so, this could be a really cool and different job for you! Carvana provides our own proprietary photography equipment, and we are looking for someone to be our technical guru. This is not a photography role. Instead, you will be a resident expert in our photo process and equipment, providing technical support and expert guidance in our Photo departments across the Inspection Centers.
Our Inspection Center Photo Specialist will act as our photo technical support, our quality captain, our organizer of maintenance, our coach and our trainer. Being bold, compassionate, and communicative, you will engage Inspection Center teams to provide high quality photography and support our photographic consistency across all Inspection Center photo studios. Most importantly, you will see your insights have an immediate, tangible impact every day in a well-funded and rapidly growing company.
The Photo booth Specialist will report into the Senior Manager, Photo booth and will be a full-time, salaried position based out of Winder, GA. Travel will be required approximately 75% of the time.
SPECIFICALLY, YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Leveraging your functional expertise to provide technical guidance on photo equipment and techniques such as equipment handling, basic problem solving, maintenance routines, image composition and quality.
- Conducting necessary due diligence in making repair decisions to meet the photo production standard.
- Scheduling, implementing, and overseeing maintenance.
- Providing assistance in photo and facility quality reviews.
- Partnering with necessary stakeholders in scheduling training and process updates.
- Supporting installation of new photo studios across new and existing Inspection Centers.
- Building relationships and maintaining clear and effective communications with Photo booth Line Leads and Inspection Center Managers.
- Effectively communicating department needs and engaging with photo teams in meeting quality photographic processes along with routine maintenance and system checks.
- Assist in problem solving any photo equipment failures and implementing solutions to bring studios back online in a timely and successful manner.
- Providing guidance to Line Leads and Reconditioning Managers in problem solving common photo and equipment issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
THE QUALIFYING CANDIDATE MUST HAVE:
- Minimum of 3 years of support in a Commercial Photography Studio environment.
- Photography Assistant or Grip Type experience.
- Experience working on time-sensitive projects and/or client-based projects.
- You are okay with crawling around and getting dirty. Seriously. Read this again if necessary.
- Hands-on technical experience of photography studio equipment, supplies, and various software workflows.
- Ability to set up lights from start to finish, diagnose equipment failures and dial into software issues.
- Enthusiastic self-starter/self-motivator who knows that the job isn’t done until the project is complete.
- Ability to travel on short notice and keep a valid in-state driver’s license. Can you travel? For real?
- Excellent communication skills and problem solving skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Proficient in PC and Mac OS, Microsoft Office, Google Suite, Photoshop or comparable editing software.
- Valid in-state driver’s license.
- Must be willing to travel when necessary (up to 75% of the time).
- This job position is designated as a safety sensitive position
- Must be able to lift up to 60 pounds independently; majority of lifting from knee to shoulder heights; other lifting required from various levels
- Must be able to carry and transport up to 60 pounds up to 20 feet
- Requires standing for extended period of time with frequent stretching, reaching, walking and stooping, pushing and/or pulling in an environment that may be cold, hot, noisy, and wet and may have fumes or odors due to vehicle maintenance
- Requires excellent visual acuity and manual dexterity
- Requires use of safety equipment that may include but not limited to face shield or goggles, non-slip shoes, gloves, mask, and other protective garments and equipment
- Requires frequent driving and some typing
The Photo Booth Specialist will report into the Senior Manager, Photo Booth and will be a full-time, salaried position based out of Winder, GA. Travel will be required approximately 75% of the time.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT IN RETURN:
- Full-Time Salary Position
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K with company match
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization
- Company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development
Carvana is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.