At Carvana, we sell cars, but we’re not salespeople. Since 2013, we’ve been making it our mission to change the way people buy cars. We saw a huge problem with how much it can suck to buy a car the traditional way, so we committed ourselves to tackling one of the largest, yet-to-be-disrupted markets in the world – the $1T per year U.S. car market (yes, that’s $Trillion with a “T”). We provide a seamless, online car buying experience from consumers from A-to-Z. From acquiring, inspecting, and certifying high quality cars, to providing 360° high-resolution photography inside and outside of the vehicle, to generating real-time financing and warranty options, to providing consumers with the option to have cares delivered to their driveway in as little as 24 hours or pick-up from one of our state-of-the-art Car Vending Machines (yes, you read that right) all with a 7-day Money Back Guarantee, we’ve made it our mission to redefine the car buying status quo. With no dealerships or commissioned sales people, we also save thousands of dollars per car in expenses that we pass on to our customers.
Recently named Forbes’ 5th Most Promising Company in the U.S., we offer the excitement, culture and opportunity of a start-up, with the capitalization and infrastructure of a much more established business. For more information on Carvana, take a look at our company introduction video!
WORKING AT CARVANA YOU WILL NOTICE THAT…
You'll need to be a great communicator, a brand ambassador, and possess the know how to get the job done.
We expect bright people, willing to roll up their sleeves, take on new assignments, and juggle many things at once.
In return for your hard work, you'll have an opportunity to work at one of the fastest growing and creative technology companies around, as well as help us promote a life-changing product and develop a world-class team every day.
In our down time we have ping pong and corn hole (or “bags,” depending on where you’re from) tournaments. However, the pace is pretty quick around here, so you'll need to be prepared to keep up.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR….
A Facilities Coordinator that will support nationwide facility maintenance requests and initiatives for Carvana HQ, Hubs, Vending Machines, and satellite offices. The Facilities Coordinator will create/manage vendor maintenance schedules for buildings and equipment in order to maintain the high quality expectations of Carvana's employees and customers. We are looking for someone who is passionate about facilities management, is extremely organized, and is committed to providing an amazing experience for both our employees and customers.
SPECIFICALLY, YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
- Support the facility maintenance request system for all Carvana properties
- Manage HQ maintenance programs and assist with site responsibilities
- Develop relationships and act as a liaison between Carvana employees, external vendors, and in some cases the landlords that maintain the building and equipment at HQ, and our HUB and satellite locations
- Assist with invoicing, annual maintenance budgeting, and cost tracking
- Support the implementation of emergency preparedness action plans at HQ
- Partner with vendors to ensure services are delivered in accordance with contracts and agreed standards and document and escalate any instances of poor performance
- Partner with the Senior Manager of Property Operations to provide facilities coverage and after hours on-call emergency response
- Look for process improvements in order to continuously provide innovative ways to deliver excellent service to all facility users
- Support the process of introducing new initiatives to facilities as Carvana grows
- Other related duties/projects as assigned
THE QUALIFYING CANDIDATE MUST HAVE:
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited undergraduate institution
- 1+ year experience in a business administration role
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both written and oral
- Strong Microsoft office skills
- Strong organizational skills and acute attention to detail
- Ability to build relationships with peers, executive level management, and external vendors
- Reliable deadline and time management skills
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Willingness to work within multiple time zones
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Enthusiasm and energy to contribute to and thrive in a rapidly growing start-up atmosphere where roles continually adapt as the company evolves
WE’D BE THRILLED IF YOU HAD…
- Experience in facilities management
- Familiarity with business process documentation and improvement
- Proficient in google sheets/docs
- Knowledge of Issue and Project Tracking software
The Coordinator, Facilities will report to the Senior Manager of Property Operations and will be an hourly full-time position based at the Home Office in Phoenix. No travel is required.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT IN RETURN:
- Full-Time Hourly Position
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K with company match
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization
- Company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check and drug screen
Carvana is an equal opportunity employer.