At Carvana, we sell cars, but we’re not salespeople. Since 2013, we’ve been making it our mission to change the way people buy cars. We saw a huge problem with how much it can suck to buy a car the traditional way, so we committed ourselves to tackling one of the largest, yet-to-be-disrupted markets in the world – the $1T per year U.S. car market (yes, that’s $Trillion with a “T”).
With the ability to search thousands of vehicles from our expansive inventory, to high-resolution 360° photographs of our vehicles’ interior and exterior, to real-time financing and the ability to complete contracts without visiting the back room of a dealership, we provide a seamless, online car buying experience for consumers that can be completed from their desktop or mobile device. All our vehicles are inspected and reconditioned based on our 150-point certification checklist and come with a 7-day return policy. We also operate our own logistics network to deliver cars to customers as soon as the next day, as well as offer customer pick-up at our state-of-the-art Car Vending Machine locations (yes, you read that right). By putting customer satisfaction at the core of our business, we’ve built a no-pressure, no-haggle online car buying experience that save our customers time and money.
For more information on Carvana and our mission, sneak a peek at our company introduction video.
WORKING AT CARVANA YOU WILL NOTICE THAT...:
You'll need to be a great communicator, a brand ambassador, and possess the know how to get the job done.
We expect bright people, willing to roll up their sleeves, take on new assignments, and juggle many things at once.
In return for your hard work, you'll have an opportunity to work at one of the fastest growing and creative technology companies around, as well as help us promote a life-changing product and develop a world-class team every day.
In our down time we have ping pong and corn hole (or “bags,” depending on where you’re from) tournaments. However, the pace is pretty quick around here, so you'll need to be prepared to keep up.
We also have Wacky Pants Wednesdays…so you’ll have to come correct here to compete with our CEO Ernie.
Are you curious? Do you hold the customer experience on a pedestal? Do you praise the design gods and think of streamlined designed solutions?
If you answered “yes” to all of the above, then we’re looking for someone just like you. We’re looking for…
A Digital Designer with an insatiable curiosity to capture our customers attention through producing thoughtful visual design. Although this position is design focused, you will be challenged to think holistically about the full user experience.
Working closely with a member of our senior team, you’ll sharpen and hone your design skill set by being challenged in a fast paced environment that aims to provide helpful solutions to make the car buying process easier and more intuitive.
You are eager to dive in and think critically on projects big and small. Projects sizes vary from providing design support on larger, complex multi page redesigns to producing screens for native apps. Additionally there will be opportunities to own your own projects that focus on customer nurture, outreach and engagement, and helpful shopping tools.
SPECIFICALLY, YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Collaborating with the Product, Executive, Operations, and Design teams on ideation, development and production of all Carvana web-based products, branding, and communication deliverables
- Maintaining a data and research driven understanding to iterate on designs and produce development-ready assets
- Delivering both low-fidelity and high fidelity designs across all design phases - web and mobile experiences, wire framing, design and hand-off to development
- Ensuring that our web experience remains cutting edge and industry leading, all while maintaining a cohesive modern aesthetic and clean look/feel in all design elements
- Demonstrating the ability to produce web design deliverables with a high standard for quality and detail within time and technical constraints
- Other duties as assigned
THE QUALIFYING CANDIDATE MUST HAVE:
- 2-3 years’ experience designing for web and mobile applications
- An undergraduate degree from an accredited institution in design
- Strong design portfolio and ability to speak to the challenges that your designs have tried to solve
- Strong communication skills is a must
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Up-to-date with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies
- Ability to present your designs and sell your solutions to team members
- Ability to own and follow through with small to mid-sized projects independently
- Attention to detail
- Proficient in Photoshop and the Adobe Suite. Sketch is a big plus
- Solid understanding of interaction design and fundamental design principles
- Solid understanding of user centric design.
- Experience in product design is a plus
- Comprehensive understanding of how desktop/tablet/mobile web works.
- General understanding of iPhone/android apps, basic CSS(3) and HTML(5) is a plus
- Ability to prioritize/re-prioritize multiple projects and/or deadlines in a fast-paced and constantly shifting work environment
- Enthusiasm and energy to contribute to and thrive in an ever evolving industry of of digital products
- Rapid prototyping is a plus
- Full-Time Salary Position
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K with company match
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization
- Company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development
Carvana is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.