At Carvana, we sell cars, but we're not car salesmen. Since 2013, we've been making it our mission to change the way people buy cars. We saw a huge problem with how much it can suck to buy a car the traditional way, so we committed ourselves to tackling one of the largest, yet-to-be-disrupted markets in the world the $1T per year U.S. car market (yes, that's $Trillion with a "T").
With the ability to search thousands of vehicles from our expansive inventory, to high-resolution 360° photographs of our vehicles' interior and exterior, to real-time financing and the ability to complete contracts without visiting the back room of a dealership, we provide a seamless, online car buying experience for consumers that can be completed from their desktop or mobile device. All our vehicles are inspected and reconditioned based on our 150-point certification checklist and come with a 7-day return policy. We also operate our own logistics network to deliver cars to customers as soon as the next day, as well as offer customer pick-up at our state-of-the-art Car Vending Machine locations. By putting customer satisfaction at the core of our business, we've built a no-pressure, no-haggle online car buying experience that save our customers time and money.
Carvana is looking for a Senior Product Manager to oversee the Vehicle Experience Product Team (VEX). The Vehicle Experience product is one of the centerpieces of Carvana’s differentiated online vehicle experience - encompassing:
- All elements of Vehicle Photography
- 3D Model generation and associated note taking and annotations
- Mobile photo and video capture applications and SDK
- Camera, Turntable, and other hardware controllers for capturing vehicle image assets
As a Vehicle Experience Product Manager, you will be tasked with making the best possible first impression on customers. You’ll work closely with product directors and data analytics teams to develop unique insights for new product refinements and opportunities. Our joint goal is to create an experience that offers more viewing angles, better detail call-outs, and full immersion such that a test-drive and salesperson are replaced by an online experience.
Additionally, as a senior product manager at Carvana, you will collaborate closely with product directors, data analysts, a design team, and engineers on the pre-purchase team. Your work will be highly cross functional teaming with other product tracks and customer touch points to learn about the consumer finance space, the used vehicle market, and large scale logistics and operational challenges.
- Use consumer insights (and creative ways of gathering consumer data) to develop product roadmaps and user stories
- Develop, lead, and measure pilot initiatives to improve customer experiences
- After failing at a first attempt, relentlessly pursue finding successful pathways
- Abandon unsuccessful product pathways quickly and unemotionally
- Lead the implementation of scalable solutions end-to-end
- Tie projects back to strategic goals and report on progress toward business objectives
- Work closely with many teams, including financing, underwriting, and operations teams
- Setting and defining measurable core objectives
THE QUALIFYING CANDIDATE MUST HAVE…
- Bachelor's Degree or higher, preferably in engineering or computer science.
- Ideally experienced in technology, financing or automotive sectors (not a requirement)
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and excellent problem solving skills
- Proven ability to work with both technical (e.g. engineering) and non-technical (e.g. creative, marketing) audience to accomplish a common goal
- Have bias towards action
Carvana is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.