At Carvana, we sell cars, but we’re not salespeople. Since 2013, we’ve been making it our mission to change the way people buy cars. We saw a huge problem with how much it can suck to buy a car the traditional way, so we committed ourselves to tackling one of the largest, yet-to-be-disrupted markets in the world – the $1T per year U.S. car market (yes, that’s $Trillion with a “T”).
With the ability to search thousands of vehicles from our expansive inventory, to high-resolution 360° photographs of our vehicles’ interior and exterior, to real-time financing and the ability to complete contracts without visiting the back room of a dealership, we provide a seamless, online car buying experience for consumers that can be completed from their desktop or mobile device. All our vehicles are inspected and reconditioned based on our 150-point certification checklist and come with a 7-day return policy. We also operate our own logistics network to deliver cars to customers as soon as the next day, as well as offer customer pick-up at our state-of-the-art Car Vending Machine locations (yes, you read that right). By putting customer satisfaction at the core of our business, we’ve built a no-pressure, no-haggle online car buying experience that save our customers time and money.
For more information on Carvana, take a look at our company introduction video.
WORKING AT CARVANA YOU WILL NOTICE THAT...:
You'll need to be a great communicator, a brand ambassador, and possess the know how to get the job done.
We expect bright people, willing to roll up their sleeves, take on new assignments, and juggle many things at once.
In return for your hard work, you'll have an opportunity to work at one of the fastest growing and creative technology companies around, as well as help us promote a life-changing product and develop a world-class team every day. In our down time we have ping pong and corn hole (or “bags,” depending on where you’re from) tournaments. However, the pace is pretty quick around here, so you'll need to be prepared to keep up.
We are looking for a Construction Project Manager to join a rapidly growing organization. The Construction Project Manager will assist in project directing and coordinating on multiple ground up construction projects. We are looking for someone with relevant experience in the commercial construction industry with knowledge of the building process and an emphasis on project planning, establishing deliverables and critical project objectives. The ideal candidate must possess superior communication skills with the ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team. Most importantly, the Construction Project Manager will have the ability to see their insights have an immediate, tangible impact every day in a well-funded and rapidly growing company.
SPECIFICALLY, YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE...
- Assisting with the tracking schedule and cost information for reporting of project progresses
- Overseeing, coordinating, and managing subcontractors and vendors to verify all materials, supplies, tools, equipment, and personnel are obtained and/or delivered when necessary
- Communicating with all suppliers and subcontractors to be certain they understand performance standards related to predetermined schedules or plans and specifications and taking appropriate action if performance problems occur
- Proactively managing project scopes, identifying critical variables and devising contingency plans
- Attending all mandatory periodic planning, progress, and close out meetings
- Developing and maintaining relationships with contractors, clients and stakeholders
- Openly and confidently communicating with all parties involved in a project and establishing trust and rapport with owners, architects, engineers, and subcontractors
- Executing subcontracts and purchase orders and approving subcontractor invoices and change requests
- Assisting in preparing bid packages and contract scope of work; setting up contractor pre-work meeting, keeping minutes and following-up
- Maintaining project documentation related to change orders, schedule, and budgets
- Coordinating project close-out processes with construction managers; tracking and managing drawings, reports, and other documentation from outside vendors, contractors, architects, and engineers
- Other duties as assigned
THE QUALIFYING CANDIDATE MUST HAVE...
- A Bachelor's Degree from an accredited undergraduate institution preferred. Ideally your degree would be in Construction Management, Engineering or a related field
- 3-5 years experience as an assistant project manager/project manager, preferably in the design, construction or development industry
- Ability to effectively communicate to motivate a team, delegate tasks, and present proposals to clients with competence and confidence
- The fortitude to juggle competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to multi-task with a sense of urgency while still maintaining strong organization and attention to detail
- Superior interpersonal skills with the ability to interface with a variety of personalities with professionalism
- Proven record of managing multiple simultaneous construction projects while providing excellent internal and external customer service
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced environment, with an entrepreneurial approach to project management and a commitment to team support
- Ability to help create, develop and implement process improvement(s)
- Must be able to promote the company culture and mission to all employees, vendors, clients and business partners
- Must be proficient in MS Office, Project, and Adobe
- Willingness to travel (up to 50% of the time)
- Enthusiasm and energy to contribute to and thrive in a rapidly growing start-up atmosphere where roles continually adapt as the company evolves
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT IN RETURN:
- Full-Time Salary Position
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K with company match
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization
- Company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development
Carvana is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.