At Carvana, we sell cars, but we’re not salespeople. Since 2013, we’ve been making it our mission to change the way people buy cars. We saw a huge problem with how much it can suck to buy a car the traditional way, so we committed ourselves to tackling one of the largest, yet-to-be-disrupted markets in the world – the $1T per year U.S. car market (yes, that’s $Trillion with a “T”).
With the ability to search thousands of vehicles from our expansive inventory, to high-resolution 360° photographs of our vehicles’ interior and exterior, to real-time financing and the ability to complete contracts without visiting the back room of a dealership, we provide a seamless, online car buying experience for consumers that can be completed from their desktop or mobile device. All our vehicles are inspected and reconditioned based on our 150-point certification checklist and come with a 7-day return policy. We also operate our own logistics network to deliver cars to customers as soon as the next day, as well as offer customer pick-up at our state-of-the-art Car Vending Machine locations (yes, you read that right). By putting customer satisfaction at the core of our business, we’ve built a no-pressure, no-haggle online car buying experience that our customers time and money.
For more information on Carvana and our mission, sneak a peek at our company introduction video!
WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
An Environmental, Health, Safety & Security (EHSS) and Risk Data Analyst to provide data management and analytics support to a cross-functional collection of teams within Carvana’s Legal department, which consists of Safety, Loss Prevention, Department of Transportation (DOT) Compliance, and Corporate Insurance. This role is responsible for the management of a wide variety of data, as well as monitoring the quality of data, analysis, and support for strategic planning through developed metrics. The EHSS and Risk Data Analyst will partner with direct leadership team and stakeholders to develop strategic analytical framework and suite of reporting and dashboards that will allow the cross-functional team manage risks and develop efficiencies within Carvana’s business operations.
The EHSS and Risk Data Analyst will collaborate with other interdepartmental operational groups and analytical departments, as well as external vendors to complete special projects and to collect information that is necessary for the responsibilities of this role. The EHSS and Risk Analyst must have the ability to speak the language other analytical and technical groups and be able to interpret work product and analytical findings with stakeholders in a meaningful format.
*Preference will be given to internal candidates for this position.
THE JOB RESPONSIBILITIES ARE:
- Monitor EHSS and risk data integrity within numerous systems established to monitor and manage our EHSS compliance and incident data (i.e. Origami Risk, Keep Trucking, and Department KPI's)
- Work with other departments (i.e. Logistics, Market Operations, Procurement, Engineering, Finance, IT, HR) to correct data inconsistencies and/or close gaps
- Analyze data trends within EHSS systems and make recommendations to management to ensure continuous improvement.
- Responsible for annual OSHA 300 Log reporting process
- Partner with leadership and stakeholders to assist with initiatives related to new EHSS risk systems, including the implementation, testing, and launch of systems
- Acts as an advocate between EHSS and IT coordinating systems-related activities
- Ability to write complex, clean SQL queries and in turn design, build, and monitor dashboards and visualizations within tools (preferably Tableau)
- Translate data into consumable, actionable narratives and provide regular updates to stakeholders and leadership
- Create metrics and reporting functions to measure and monitor data quality with respect to Safety, Loss Prevention, DoT Compliance, Risk, and Insurance
- Utilize business intelligence-related tools and concepts such as Tableau, SQL (through MS SQL Server), relational database design, SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), Excel, and Python to solve operational problems
- Be involved in extracting, cleansing, and visualizing data using the tools and techniques described above
- Work with end-users to validate data and ensure buy-in with new reporting or analysis
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Economics, Engineering, Finance, Math, Supply Chain, or similar field from an accredited undergraduate institution
- At least 1 to 3 years of professional experience in data, reporting, and analytics
- Strong analytical skills with proficiency in Microsoft SQL Server
- Familiarity with Python
- Exposure to visualization software, such as Tableau, is a plus
- Curiosity to continue learning new analytical methods and tools (ETL processes, etc.)
- Desire to learn basic development languages such as HTML and CSS
- Ability to manage competing priorities and the ability to work with ambiguity
- Ability to effectively collaborate with technical and non-technical audiences
What you can expect in return:
- Full-Time Salary Position
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K with company match
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization
- Company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development
Carvana is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.