At Carvana, we sell cars, but we’re not salespeople. Since 2013, we’ve been making it our mission to change the way people buy cars. We saw a huge problem with how much it can suck to buy a car the traditional way, so we committed ourselves to tackling one of the largest, yet-to-be-disrupted markets in the world – the $1T per year U.S. car market (yes, that’s $Trillion with a “T”).
With the ability to search thousands of vehicles from our expansive inventory, to high-resolution 360° photographs of our vehicles’ interior and exterior, to real-time financing and the ability to complete contracts without visiting the back room of a dealership, we provide a seamless, online car buying experience for consumers that can be completed from their desktop or mobile device. All our vehicles are inspected and reconditioned based on our 150-point certification checklist and come with a 7-day return policy. We also operate our own logistics network to deliver cars to customers as soon as the next day, as well as offer customer pick-up at our state-of-the-art Car Vending Machine locations (yes, you read that right). By putting customer satisfaction at the core of our business, we’ve built a no-pressure, no-haggle online car buying experience that save our customers time and money.
For more information on Carvana, take a look at our company introduction video.
WORKING AT CARVANA YOU WILL NOTICE THAT...
You'll need to be a great communicator, a brand ambassador, and possess the know how to get the job done.
We expect bright people, willing to roll up their sleeves, take on new assignments, and juggle many things at once.
In return for your hard work, you'll have an opportunity to work at one of the fastest growing and creative technology companies around, as well as help us promote a life-changing product and develop a world-class team every day.
In our down time we have ping pong and corn hole (or “bags,” depending on where you’re from) tournaments. However, the pace is pretty quick around here, so you'll need to be prepared to keep up.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR….
The Underwriting Training Specialist position will work closely with our Risk Operations Department and is responsible for developing and conducting employee training programs for the organization. The Underwriting Training Specialist will utilize this expertise to create and deliver high-quality, impactful training and educational materials to Carvana employees, partners and customers. We are looking for a highly motivated individual who can be flexible, creative and innovative with their training strategies.
SPECIFICALLY, YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
You must be prepared to serve as an ambassador for the Risk Operations team and create a high performing culture through impactful trainings and educational materials. In this position you will design, develop, administer, and evaluate training programs in connection with Inside Advocate goals. This may include:
- Responsible for developing and conducting employee training programs (specific to Underwriting) for the organization.
- Conduct training sessions covering specific areas such as on-the-job training, use of computers and software, quality & process issues, and product knowledge.
- Confer with management, supervisors and employees to gain knowledge of work situations requiring training.
- Create and develop change plans on policies, procedures, regulations, business initiatives and technologies and assist in the execution of change plans.
- Formulate teaching outlines and determine instructional methods such as individual training, group instruction, lectures, demonstrations, conferences, meetings and workshops.
- Select or develop teaching aids such as training handbooks, demonstration models, multimedia visual aids, computer tutorials, and reference workshops.
- Administer regular check-ins with trainees to measure progress and to evaluate effectiveness of training.
- Function as a subject matter expert for material development
- Ability to successfully tailor communications according to the audience.
- Report on progress of employees under guidance during training periods. Maintain trainee records.
- Facilitate weekend classes as needed.
- Create computer based training (CBT) materials.
THE QUALIFYING CANDIDATE MUST HAVE:
“This position requires a motivational ambassador that is committed to Carvana’s customer experience process. Required skills include:”
- High school diploma required
- Previous training experience or two years related experience.
- Excellent communication, including facilitation and presentation skills.
- Flexible, creative and innovative, with the ability to manage responsibilities and priorities in a fast-paced, growth-oriented and time critical environment.
- Ability to interpret technical data, processes, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
- Ability to interact effectively with all departments and employee levels.
- Solid organization, project management and planning skills.
- Strong problem-solving, analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to simplify and effectively communicate complex concepts and materials to individuals and groups of varying experience.
- Knowledge of adult learning methodologies, learning management system and training delivery platforms.
- Technical aptitude, with an understanding of computer networking and related equipment.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision, independently when needed, and as part of a team.
- Expertise in Google Suite and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to maintain a global mindset with strong collaboration approach with peers and stakeholders.
WE’D BE THRILLED IF YOU HAD:
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited undergraduate institution.
- Experience with Adobe Captivate or other eLearning authoring software preferred (experience with Adobe Connect or other virtual learning software preferred).
- Experience with Salesforce.
The Underwriting Training Specialist will report to Training Manager and will be a salaried full-time position based in Tempe, AZ. No travel is required.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT IN RETURN:
- Full-Time Salary Position
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K with company match
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization
- Company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development
Carvana is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.