WHAT IS CARVANA?
CARVANA’s goal is to change the way people search, finance, and buy used vehicles. We are replacing plaid suits, gold chains and a miserable 4 hour in-store process with technology that allows for customers to buy a car in as little as 11 minutes! Carvana is a fast-growing technology startup that was recently recognized by Forbes as the 5th Most Promising Company of 2015. Founded in 2012, Carvana has quickly expanded and is doing so again in several new markets. We are looking for talented individuals who will deliver our unique customer experience.
For more information on Carvana, take a look at our company introduction video.
WORKING AT CARVANA, YOU'LL NOTICE...
In our down time we have ping pong & corn hole (or bags, depending on where you’re from) tournaments. We regularly host Hackathons to promote innovation and foster new ideas. Don’t forget Wacky Pants Wednesdays…you’ll have to have some pretty strong game here to compete with our CEO Ernie, who could supply the wardrobe for an entire season of throwback Soul Train episodes.
We expect bright people who are willing to roll up their sleeves, take on new assignments, and juggle many things at once. In return for your hard work, you'll have an opportunity to work at one of the fastest growing, most innovative technology companies to occupy the automotive space (as well as the Earth space).
We’re working on a game-changing product while building a world-class team. Every day.
We’re looking for a Security Operations Analyst lead with a passion for tackling big problems. We need an elite threat hunter that can help protect the Carvana.com platform. The ideal candidate for this position will bring the processes, tool mastery, and experience needed to help us build a team that is responsible for enhancing alerting capabilities and responding to those alerts. Do you download security tools and figure them out in your spare time? Are you curious about reverse engineering and hunting for attacker activity? Are looking for opportunities to learn from and educate your talented peers and are genuinely excited to constructively participate? If so, then we have the perfect position for you... You will need a desire to tinker until it's reliable, robust, and secure.
We are building a ninja inspired computer Security Operations Center (SOC) and Incident Response team where you will see your work have an immediate, scaled impact every day in a well-funded and rapidly growing company. We are seeking information security specialists who have expertise in network security monitoring and incident response.
Work within the Carvana Security team to support and implement tools, practices, policies, and standards that will:
- Build world-classworld class Security apparatus to prevent, detect and respond to information security incidents within the enterprise.
- Promote business efficiency and reliability through better standards and procedures of preventative controls and with automated response techniques.
- Monitor production infrastructure, on-prem and in the cloud, in order to detect cyber security threats.
- Introduce new mechanisms to proactively mitigate risks associated with cyber security threats.
- Work with a team that works smarter, not harder so automation is at the core of everything we do.
- Provide Response and Recovery services for information security incidents within the Carvana enterprise.
- Be invested and take advantage of a great learning environment, where you are continuously learning in and outside of work to keep up with the latest Security threat and forensics tools and processes.
- 2+ years experience working in a Security Operations Center (SOC)
- An Associates’ Degree or higher in a related field, or professional experience working with related technologies
- Experience with SIEM (Security Information Event Management) tools such as QRadar, Unified Security Management, ArcSight or Splunk
- Should have a strong familiarity with monitoring and log management tools and services
- Should be experienced with PowerShell, Bash or Perl/Python
- Should have a experience with network traffic tools, techniques and analysis as well as and host forensics tools, techniques and analysis.
- Should have an understanding of network and platform security strategies, and implementation practices
- Should have a strong understanding of basic cloud infrastructure
- Should have a strong natural curiosity and ability to learn new skills quickly
- Good communication and collaboration skills
- Passion for all things Information Technology and Information Security
- SANS Certifications, ideally GCIH, GCFE, GREM, GCFA
- Knowledge of Regular Expressions
- Reverse malware analysis
- Carvana’s security team works very closely with strong supporting teams and require great interpersonal skills including a positive attitude and sense of humor
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT IN RETURN….
- A full-time, salaried position
- Medical (employee medical fully paid by Carvana), Dental, and Vision benefits
- A 401K with company match
- All the perks your heart desires (gym, snacks, iced coffee on tap)
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check
Carvana is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.