At Carvana, we sell cars, but we’re not salespeople. Since 2013, we’ve been making it our mission to change the way people buy cars. We saw a huge problem with how much it can suck to buy a car the traditional way, so we committed ourselves to tackling one of the largest, yet-to-be-disrupted markets in the world – the $1T per year U.S. car market (yes, that’s $Trillion with a “T”).
With the ability to search thousands of vehicles from our expansive inventory, to high-resolution 360° photographs of our vehicles’ interior and exterior, to real-time financing and the ability to complete contracts without visiting the back room of a dealership, we provide a seamless, online car buying experience for consumers that can be completed from their desktop or mobile device. All our vehicles are inspected and reconditioned based on our 150-point certification checklist and come with a 7-day return policy. We also operate our own logistics network to deliver cars to customers as soon as the next day, as well as offer customer pick-up at our state-of-the-art Car Vending Machine locations (yes, you read that right). By putting customer satisfaction at the core of our business, we’ve built a no-pressure, no-haggle online car buying experience that save our customers time and money.
WORKING AT CARVANA YOU WILL NOTICE THAT…
You'll need to be a great communicator, a brand ambassador and possess the know how to get the job done.
We expect bright people, willing to roll up their sleeves, take on new assignments and juggle many things at once.
In return for your hard work, you'll have an opportunity to work at one of the fastest growing and creative technology companies around, as well as help us promote a life-changing product and develop a world-class team every day.
In our down time we have ping pong and corn hole (or “bags,” depending on where you’re from) tournaments. However, the pace is pretty quick around here, so you'll need to be prepared to keep up.
The Manager, Talent is obsessed with hiring the best people, ensuring they love their job and creating and executing a holistic people plan and strategy to elevate the employee experience and continuously raise the bar on the performance and development of our people. This role is responsible for partnering with department leadership to drive organizational effectiveness through the creation, execution, and management of multiple Talent programs and processes. More specifically, the Manager is a strategic operator, consultative, and a thoughtful People Operations professional, ready to roll up their sleeves to partner with our fabulous Customer Care, Customer Experience, and Risk and Post Sale Operations teams.
The Talent team is comprised of Recruiting and Talent Development employees who are embedded in the teams and operations they support. In this role you will improve processes and drive efficiencies, collaborate with and advise leaders on talent decisions and analyze qualitative and quantitative people data to inform wins and opportunities. You’ll have the opportunity to help shape the future of Carvana’s talent and will see your insights have an immediate impact in a well-funded and rapidly growing company.
SPECIFICALLY, YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
Oversee a team of recruiting leads and talent development specialists responsible for driving the effectiveness of our operations recruiting efforts along with the career management, employee development and org development for our Advocate teams. In addition, the Manager provides consultation to leaders regarding change management, organizational design, employee engagement, and team effectiveness. More details broken out below:
- Constantly look for efficiencies in high volume recruiting process; own and report out on pipeline and funnel metrics while evaluating effectiveness of candidate assessment based on business needs
- Identify organizational capabilities and resources necessary to successfully achieve the talent acquisition strategic objectives
- Create an efficient and effective Operations Recruiting process
- Track progress of multiple locations against the staffing model and make strategic and timely changes as necessary
- Assess and guide changes to the process and ideal candidate profile to support with achieving business objectives and milestones
- Drive and execute defined projects around talent planning, career development, employee development, diversity and employee engagement initiatives
- Partner with department leaders to ensure the most effective organizational structure is in place and that each team member has role clarity as the organization grows and changes
- Successfully deploy talent reviews, promotions and merit increase cycle. Serve as an adviser on compensation related activities.
- Lead change-management efforts of ad-hoc people initiatives as requested
- Build and implement programs and processes that will elevate the employee experience
- Coach department leadership on people strategy including team structure (organizational design), hiring, performance management, compensation, recognition, and learning development.
- Empower managers to build amazing teams by providing them with the necessary tools, resources and training needed – collaborate with Leadership Development team and technical training team to supplement leader and employee development
- Assess employee development needs and recommend solutions
- Work closely with leadership and employees to improve team/leadership effectiveness, build morale, and increase productivity and retention
- Partner and collaborate with the rest of the People Operations team to develop and execute innovative people programs that will be a catalyst to our high-performance culture
- Lead a high performing, cohesive and collaborative team. Ensure employees have a clear understanding of how they can grow and thrive by focusing on development, coaching, and career pathing.
- Other duties as assigned
THE QUALIFYING CANDIDATE MUST HAVE:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited undergraduate institution required
- Master’s degree preferred
- 7+ years’ experience in operations leadership, organizational development, human resources, recruiting or related field preferred
- 5+ years’ of people leadership experience preferred
- Experience in manufacturing or production environment preferred
- Have prior experience creating or implementing a people strategy for an hourly workforce
- An outstanding communicator with relationship-building skills – your friends would call you authentic, energetic, persuasive, and self-aware. You know when to listen, as well as when to speak up.
- Strong facilitation and project management skills
- Able to hustle – you get things done even after everyone else has given up, and work hard because you love to. You have a bias towards action.
- Passionate about helping and empowering others
- Demonstrated track record of developing effective relationships across all levels of the organization
- Problem solving capabilities with ability to apply judgment and make decisions
- Displays strong business acumen – sees the big picture and operates with perspective
- Preference will be given to internal candidates
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT IN RETURN:
- Full-Time Salary Position
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K with company match
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization
- Company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development
Carvana is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.