WORKING AT CARVANA YOU WILL NOTICE THAT…
You'll need to be a great communicator, a brand ambassador, and possess the know how to get the job done.
We expect bright people, willing to roll up their sleeves, take on new assignments, and juggle many things at once.
In return for your hard work, you'll have an opportunity to work at one of the fastest growing and creative technology companies around, as well as help us promote a life-changing product and develop a world-class team every day.
In our down time we have ping pong and corn hole (or “bags,” depending on where you’re from) tournaments. However, the pace is pretty quick around here, so you'll need to be prepared to keep up.
We also have Wacky Pants Wednesdays…so you’ll have to come correct here to compete with our CEO Ernie.
Working in the IT Team at Carvana you will notice that….
You'll need to be super approachable and always willing to go above and beyond to help fellow employees with their IT needs and problems. It could be as simple as connecting their monitor to as complicated as tuning their flux capacitor to precisely 1.21 gigawatts! We expect smart people who are doers with bright ideas, willing to put their game-face on, take on new challenges and juggle many assignments at once.
As a Machine Automation Engineer, you will...
You will be working on our one-of-a-kind, state-of-the-art, car vending machines. The vending machines have a myriad of motors and controllers throughout them and we are looking for someone to help maintain and extend the programming of these systems. This person's first major initiative will be working to rewrite the software to create a single code base from which all of our vending machines will operate. After that, we are looking at extending the functionality of the vending machines and would love for you to work on some web applications to create new user experiences for our employees working the vending machine and our customers picking up their vehicles.
The ideal candidate will have…
- At least 3+ years of experience with PLC-based motion control systems like Beckhoff TwinCAT
- Knowledge of VFD motors, starting methods, and control equipment like SEW EuroDrive
- Familiarity with low voltage control circuits, sensors, detectors, limit switches, and Can-bus
- Competent troubleshooting of solutions across electrical, mechanical, and process control domains as an upper tier of our support structure
- Interest in creating HMIs that are not just functional but practical and useful
- Ability to work with plant engineers, external vendors, operators, and management to manage projects and assignments
- Knowledge of web development using tools such as .Net and Python is a plus
- Our original system was written in German so some familiarity with German would be a bonus
- Some travel will be required as our vending machines are across the country
What you can expect in return….
- A full-time, salaried position
- Medical (employee medical fully paid by Carvana), Dental, and Vision benefits
- A 401K with company match
- All the snacks and drinks your heart desires (plus iced coffee on tap!)
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization
Carvana is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
Carvana is an equal opportunity employer.