At Carvana, we sell cars, but we’re not salespeople. Since 2013, we’ve been making it our mission to change the way people buy cars. We saw a huge problem with how much it can suck to buy a car the traditional way, so we committed ourselves to tackling one of the largest, yet-to-be-disrupted markets in the world – the $1T per year U.S. car market (yes, that’s $Trillion with a “T”).
With the ability to search thousands of vehicles from our expansive inventory, to high-resolution 360° photographs of our vehicles’ interior and exterior, to real-time financing and the ability to complete contracts without visiting the back room of a dealership, we provide a seamless, online car buying experience for consumers that can be completed from their desktop or mobile device. All our vehicles are inspected and reconditioned based on our 150-point certification checklist and come with a 7-day return policy. We also operate our own logistics network to deliver cars to customers as soon as the next day, as well as offer customer pick-up at our state-of-the-art Car Vending Machine locations (yes, you read that right). By putting customer satisfaction at the core of our business, we’ve built a no-pressure, no-haggle online car buying experience that save our customers time and money.
For more information on Carvana, take a look at our company introduction video.
WORKING AT CARVANA YOU WILL NOTICE THAT...
You'll need to be a great communicator, a brand ambassador, and possess the know how to get the job done.
We expect bright people, willing to roll up their sleeves, take on new assignments, and juggle many things at once.
In return for your hard work, you'll have an opportunity to work at one of the fastest growing and creative technology companies around, as well as help us promote a life-changing product and develop a world-class team every day.
In our down time we have ping pong and corn hole (or “bags,” depending on where you’re from) tournaments. However, the pace is pretty quick around here, so you'll need to be prepared to keep up.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR….
We’re looking for someone who is self-motivated, high energy, data-driven and has exception interpersonal and relationship-building skills. As the Manager of Inside Advocate Training, you might describe yourself as a dynamic individual with a proven track record of guiding training teams to meet business objectives . This person is expected to quickly develop an understanding of our operations, processes and needs as they will oversee training and development for one of our customer facing teams.
SPECIFICALLY, YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
This person will be responsible for all aspects of call center training, including needs assessment and training strategy, curriculum development, classroom facilitation and results assessment. In this position you will design, develop, administer, and evaluate training programs in connection with Inside Advocate goals. This may include:
- Develop and facilitate training needs assessment, training strategy and oversee training plans and materials for Inside Customer Advocates and Team Leaders.
- Oversee all training classes for process training, product training, and soft skills training.
- Guide the training teams course planning, training objectives and rollout plans.
- Drive training design and oversee the development of training materials and curriculum.
- Coordinate with the quality assurance team and other internal departments to identify new training needs and/or changes to existing training curriculum.
- Coordinate all assigned projects, ensure projects are completed by target deadlines, and provide project status updates to management.
- Assist in maintaining a high level of employee morale by exhibiting a positive disposition and interacting in an ethical manner.
- Facilitate well organized, professional training sessions.
- Oversee the Advocate resource systems and ensure it is updated with policies and procedures.
- Maintain trainee performance data and escalate as necessary.
- Identify skills gaps during and/or after training classes; help develop training material to address skills gaps.
- Create and develop change plans, stakeholder analysis, communication plans, training plans and lead execution on change plans.
- Create computer based training (CBT) materials.
- Assist in maintaining training content in Learning Content Management System .
THE QUALIFYING CANDIDATE MUST HAVE:
This position requires a motivational leader that will help lay the foundation of Carvana’s customer experience process. Required skills include:
- 3+ years managing a successful training organization, preferably in a mid to large scale organization.
- 3+ years as a training facilitator preferably in a mid to large scale organization.
- Proven ability to develop training needs assessments, training strategies and training plans with key stakeholders.
- Demonstrated understanding of instructional design methodologies.
- Demonstrated understanding of front line leadership skills and training.
- Proven success building and optimizing training solutions.
- Articulate, persuasive communicator across multiple organizational levels.
- Savvy, quick thinking and comfortable in a dynamic, fast-moving environment.
- Goal oriented self-starter and able to flex to changing business needs and priorities.
- Ability to maintain a global mindset with strong collaboration approach with peers and stakeholders.
- Ability to analyze data to identify solutions.
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and professionally.
- Ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Must have strong organization skills, a solid work ethic, and a positive disposition.
- Expertise in Google Suite and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related discipline preferred.
WE’D BE THRILLED IF YOU HAD:
- Experience with Adobe Captivate or other eLearning authoring software preferred (experience with Adobe Connect or other virtual learning software preferred)
- Experience with Salesforce
- Master’s degree in a related discipline
The Manager, Inside Advocate Training will report to Associate Director, Inside Advocate Quality and Training and will be a salaried full-time position based in Phoenix, AZ. No travel is required.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT IN RETURN:
- Full-Time Salary Position
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K with company match
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization
- Company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development
Carvana is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.