At Carvana, we sell cars, but we’re not salespeople. Since 2013, we’ve been making it our mission to change the way people buy cars. We saw a huge problem with how much it can suck to buy a car the traditional way, so we committed ourselves to tackling one of the largest, yet-to-be-disrupted markets in the world – the $1T per year U.S. car market (yes, that’s $Trillion with a “T”).
With the ability to search thousands of vehicles from our expansive inventory, to high-resolution 360° photographs of our vehicles’ interior and exterior, to real-time financing and the ability to complete contracts without visiting the back room of a dealership, we provide a seamless, online car buying experience for consumers that can be completed from their desktop or mobile device. All our vehicles are inspected and reconditioned based on our 150-point certification checklist and come with a 7-day return policy. We also operate our own logistics network to deliver cars to customers as soon as the next day, as well as offer customer pick-up at our state-of-the-art Car Vending Machine locations (yes, you read that right). By putting customer satisfaction at the core of our business, we’ve built a no-pressure, no-haggle online car buying experience that our customers time and money.
For more information on Carvana and our mission, sneak a peek at our company introduction video!
CARVANA SUMMER INTERNSHIP EXPERIENCE MBA CANDIDATE:
Ready to take your prospective new career for a spin? By joining the Carvana Internship Experience, you can expect to be part of a program that will have you both playing a vital role in a cross-functional department project, as well as receiving a holistic view of Carvana and our dynamic start-up culture.
As a Carvana Intern, you won’t be sent on coffee runs, but you will be expected to enjoy all the free Sidekick cold-brew you can drink and participate in company-wide pickleball tournaments. You will work alongside team members across multiple Carvana divisions, including, customer experience, accounting and financial reporting, IT, real estate, logistics, marketing, business intelligence and people operations.
For this paid, full-time summer internship spanning ten weeks, we are dedicated to investing in your professional development by seeking eager candidates who are ready to roll up their sleeves and help us deliver on our motto as a better way to buy a car!
CARVANA STRATEGIC PARTNERSHIPS TEAM
The Strategic Partnerships team at Carvana develops new business partnerships, lines of business, and go-to-market strategies to support top and bottom line growth while continuously improving the customer experience. We are looking for an intern, mba or undergraduate, to drive new initiatives and analyze and vet potential partners. The ideal candidate is both a builder and a strategic thinker and has equal parts hustle and polish. You’ll be creative, collaborative, competitive, persistent, independent, passionate and results oriented. You'll thrive in an environment that requires both applying strategic, analytical thinking to complex problems and getting your hands dirty in the execution.
Phoenix, AZ (Headquarters)
Specifically, as a MBA Strategic Partnerships Intern, you can expect to…
- Collect and analyze data on the latest trends in the automotive market
- Contribute to or lead projects that help define, launch, and drive strategic partnership initiatives
- Structure and execute initiatives by developing work plans, gathering and synthesizing relevant data, developing analyses and communicating recommendations to the team
- Drive cross-functional teams to scope, prioritize, and implement recommendations
- Participate in an inter-departmental internship project
- Complete other duties as assigned
- Help us build a stronger company. Every day.
THE QUALIFYING CANDIDATE MUST….
This role will involve performing robust, data-driven analysis and reporting but also requires the ability to assume ownership and autonomously drive initiatives to meaningfully move the needle in our key metrics. The qualifying candidate must be goal-oriented, enthusiastic, energetic, organized, and self-motivated, with the ability to interact and communicate with all levels of the organization. The role requires that you are:
- An excellent communicator with the ability to succinctly, confidently, and articulately defend and challenge positions in verbal and written communications.
- A critical thinker with tolerance for ambiguity. You independently and thoughtfully develop solutions to complex problems.
- Are able to work autonomously to own initiatives and drive results. You are able to work effectively across organizations to prioritize and be responsible for outcomes.
- A great listener, collaborator, and builder of influence across teams and organizations.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Currently working toward an MBA and will have completed your first year of coursework at the time of this internship
- Legally eligible to work in the United States
IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE...
- Experience with Tableau or other BI/visualization technologies
- Proven experience developing & presenting data driven insights
- Proficiency using MS SQL
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT IN RETURN…
- Full-Time Hourly Position for the course of the 10-week program.
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization.
- Awesome company culture.
- Perks like unlimited snacks and iced coffee on tap.
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check.
Carvana is an equal opportunity employer.
Carvana is an equal opportunity employer.
Carvana complies with all applicable local, state, and federal laws. If hired, all employees are required to follow and abide by all company policies, procedures, and practices.
The duties and responsibilities identified herein are not a comprehensive list and additional tasks may be assigned to the employee from time to time.
Must be legally authorized to work for Carvana in the United States.
Hiring, following a conditional offer of employment, is contingent upon passing a complete background check.