At Carvana, we sell cars, but we’re not salespeople. Since 2013, we’ve been making it our mission to change the way people buy cars. We saw a huge problem with how much it can suck to buy a car the traditional way, so we committed ourselves to tackling one of the largest, yet-to-be-disrupted markets in the world – the $1T per year U.S. car market (yes, that’s $Trillion with a “T”).
With the ability to search thousands of vehicles from our expansive inventory, to high-resolution 360° photographs of our vehicles’ interior and exterior, to real-time financing and the ability to complete contracts without visiting the back room of a dealership, we provide a seamless, online car buying experience for consumers that can be completed from their desktop or mobile device. All our vehicles are inspected and reconditioned based on our 150-point certification checklist and come with a 7-day return policy. We also operate our own logistics network to deliver cars to customers as soon as the next day, as well as offer customer pick-up at our state-of-the-art Car Vending Machine locations (yes, you read that right). By putting customer satisfaction at the core of our business, we’ve built a no-pressure, no-haggle online car buying experience that save our customers time and money.
For more information on Carvana, take a look at our company introduction video.
WORKING AT CARVANA YOU WILL NOTICE THAT...
You'll need to be a great communicator, a brand ambassador, and possess the know how to get the job done.
We expect bright people, willing to roll up their sleeves, take on new assignments, and juggle many things at once.
In return for your hard work, you'll have an opportunity to work at one of the fastest growing and creative technology companies around, as well as help us promote a life-changing product and develop a world-class team every day. In our down time we have ping pong and corn hole (or “bags,” depending on where you’re from) tournaments. However, the pace is pretty quick around here, so you'll need to be prepared to keep up.
The Real Estate Analyst is responsible for assisting the Real Estate team in financial analysis and database management. The Analyst will support the Real Estate leadership team by compiling demographic data, sales and lease comparisons, overall market trends, and pro-forma and budget analysis into concise presentations that guide decision making for leadership. We are looking for a highly detail oriented individual who has a passion for collecting, analyzing and presenting data that will provide key insights and information to decision makers. The Real Estate Analyst will be able to handle competing priorities in an effective manner and will be skilled at interpreting statistical information.
SPECIFICALLY, YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE...
- Creating pro-forma financial models for site evaluations and managing budgeting data
- Analyzing competition data and project estimated sales
- Preparing and maintaining market analysis reports
- Tracking sites and producing various reports to provide leadership visibility into Real Estate’s progress
- Creating, updating and auditing the real estate database with accuracy and ensuring sites are tracked through various phases of a sites life cycle; initial evaluation, LOI (Letter of Intent), contract executed, due diligence and construction
- Establishing goals for markets and tracking progress
- Coordinating internal reporting and ensuring completion within deadline
- Assisting in pulling together business cases for transaction approvals
- Setting budgets and tracking actual spending throughout transaction and construction
- Evaluating and tracking numerous sites in several markets throughout the country
- Support pulling together portfolio analysis, business cases, presentations and supporting documents
- Analyzing and assessing business results and identifying, recommend, and drive process improvements
- Researching and identifying industry trends that impact our ability to provide needed financial expertise to our business partners
- Other duties as assigned
THE QUALIFYING CANDIDATE MUST HAVE...
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited undergraduate institution, ideally your degree would be in Real Estate, Finance, Economics, Marketing, Accounting or a related field
- At least 3 years experience in commercial real estate
- Exceptional quantitative and analytical skills, including Excel data analysis, financial modeling, and statistics
- Experience with CoStar or other commercial MLS sites
- Ability to comprehend lease/purchase agreement language
- Ability to comprehend Real Estate financing and banking transactions
- Experience in commercial real estate acquisition underwriting (we’d be thrilled if you had experience with sale leaseback structure)
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Outlook and PowerPoint
- An eye for process improvements
- Must be able to interact with various levels and departments within the organization and provide excellent customer service
- Must be organized and able to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment with multiple deadlines and the ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to convey information in a clear and concise manner cross-functionally to the organization (orally and in written reports and presentations)
- Ability to work effectively within a team and on project based work
- Must be a detail oriented self-starter with the ability to problem-solve
- Willingness to travel
- Enthusiasm and energy to contribute to and thrive in a rapidly growing start-up atmosphere where roles continually adapt as the company evolves
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT IN RETURN:
- Full-Time Salary Position
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K with company match
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization
- Company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development
Carvana is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.