At Carvana, we sell cars, but we’re not salespeople. Since 2013, we’ve been making it our mission to change the way people buy cars. We saw a huge problem with how much it can suck to buy a car the traditional way, so we committed ourselves to tackling one of the largest, yet-to-be-disrupted markets in the world – the $1T per year U.S. car market (yes, that’s $Trillion with a “T”).
With the ability to search thousands of vehicles from our expansive inventory, to high-resolution 360° photographs of our vehicles’ interior and exterior, to real-time financing and the ability to complete contracts without visiting the back room of a dealership, we provide a seamless, online car buying experience for consumers that can be completed from their desktop or mobile device. All our vehicles are inspected and reconditioned based on our 150-point certification checklist and come with a 7-day return policy. We also operate our own logistics network to deliver cars to customers as soon as the next day, as well as offer customer pick-up at our state-of-the-art Car Vending Machine locations (yes, you read that right). By putting customer satisfaction at the core of our business, we’ve built a no-pressure, no-haggle online car buying experience that save our customers time and money.
For more information on Carvana, take a look at our company introduction video.
WORKING AT CARVANA YOU WILL NOTICE THAT...
You'll need to be a great communicator, a brand ambassador, and possess the know how to get the job done.
We expect bright people, willing to roll up their sleeves, take on new assignments, and juggle many things at once.
In return for your hard work, you'll have an opportunity to work at one of the fastest growing and creative technology companies around, as well as help us promote a life-changing product and develop a world-class team every day.
In our down time we have ping pong and corn hole (or “bags,” depending on where you’re from) tournaments. However, the pace is pretty quick around here, so you'll need to be prepared to keep up.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR….
We are looking for someone who is known for excellent execution and steady leadership, excels in interpersonal and interdepartmental communication, and consistently goes above and beyond the call of duty. This person’s operations management skills are exceptional and they punch above their weight in managerial influence and professionalism. Senior Manager, Risk Operations should be an experienced people leader with a demonstrated track record of analytical problem solving and people leadership.
SPECIFICALLY, YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
The Senior Manager, Risk Operations is responsible for driving consistency across their teams through strategic planning and execution, collaboration with leadership, and mentoring and developing direct reports. You must be prepared to serve as a leader to the Risk Operations team and create a high performing culture through coaching and meaningful development opportunities. The Senior Manager, Risk Operations will help drive key strategic initiatives, provide additional support, insight and leadership to the Risk leadership team. Additional responsibilities may include:
- Motivate, inspire, and lead a team of leaders (Senior Advocates, Team Leads and/or Managers) who support the verification and underwriting process for all Carvana customers
- Balance execution, process improvements and impeccable customer service
- Streamline processes to be more efficient, decreasing the cycle time for customer deliveries
- Collaborate with leadership, peers, direct reports to drive meaningful results
- Sustain a thriving culture that embodies our Carvana vision and values
- Support leadership in annual business planning, organization structuring, and staffing
- Work cross functionally with groups company-wide, including market operations, product, and people operations
- Positively challenge and engage the team to continuously improve
- Participate in the selection and hiring process, ensuring leaders understand how to assess talent
- Provide competency based feedback and ensure leaders throughout the organization are also providing appropriate feedback
- Other duties as assigned
THE QUALIFYING CANDIDATE MUST HAVE:
This position requires a motivating and inspiring people leader that is passionate about Carvana’s customer experience process. Required skills include:
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited undergraduate institution
- 5+ years of operations experience preferred
- At least 3 years of experience leading teams
- A strong sense of urgency with the ability to improve operational efficiency
- Ability to scale and lead a large operations team
- Ability to deliver results in a complex operations environment
- Ability to implement change across multiple locations
- Excellent problem solving skills with the ability to think outside the box
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Ability to use data to drive conclusions and needed actions
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to simplify complex problems and issues into an easy to understand manner
- Experience interviewing and hiring quality candidates at a managerial level
- Willingness to work weekends
- Interest in working hard, being challenged in a fast-paced environment and having fun with doing so
WE’D BE THRILLED IF YOU HAD:
- Experience in Risk, Audit, Compliance, or 3rd Party Lending
- In-depth understanding of Carvana’s customer experience process and procedures
- A proven track record of driving strategies in a fast growing start-up atmosphere
- High influencing skills
- An analytical mind
- Human Resources acumen
- A passion for people development
- A strong leadership presence
The Senior Manager, Risk Operations will report to Senior Director, Risk Operations and will be a salaried full-time position based in Tempe, AZ. No travel is required.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT IN RETURN:
- Full-Time Salary Position
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K with company match
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization
- Company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development
Carvana is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.