At Carvana, we sell cars, but we’re not salespeople. Since 2013, we’ve been making it our mission to change the way people buy cars. We saw a huge problem with how much it can suck to buy a car the traditional way, so we committed ourselves to tackling one of the largest, yet-to-be-disrupted markets in the world – the $1T per year U.S. car market (yes, that’s $Trillion with a “T”).
With the ability to search thousands of vehicles from our expansive inventory, to high-resolution 360° photographs of our vehicles’ interior and exterior, to real-time financing and the ability to complete contracts without visiting the back room of a dealership, we provide a seamless, online car buying experience for consumers that can be completed from their desktop or mobile device. All our vehicles are inspected and reconditioned based on our 150-point certification checklist and come with a 7-day return policy. We also operate our own logistics network to deliver cars to customers as soon as the next day, as well as offer customer pick-up at our state-of-the-art Car Vending Machine locations (yes, you read that right). By putting customer satisfaction at the core of our business, we’ve built a no-pressure, no-haggle online car buying experience that saves our customers time and money.
For more information on Carvana and our mission, sneak a peek at our company introduction video.
We iterate quickly and you will see your work have an immediate, scaled impact every day in a well-funded and rapidly growing company. Our Team Leads are hands-on, getting down and dirty with code on a daily basis.
We're doing exciting things at Carvana! Pushing toward microservices architecture, experimenting with new technologies like Azure Service Fabric and being part of an open-minded team when it comes to learning newer technologies and tools.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Great communication and collaboration skills; comfortable discussing projects with our Executive team
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Master's degree preferred... OR 7 years of progressive leadership experience within an ecommerce/web organization
- 3 to 5 years of experience in full stack software development, preferably within the Microsoft stack
- A comprehensive understanding of software craftsmanship ideals - clean code principles, unit testing fundamentals, design pattern selection and application, architectural pattern selection and application
- Proven experience with the design and development of application solutions and the ability to solve problems within an engineering organization
- Carvana developers work very closely with strong supporting teams and require great interpersonal skills including a positive attitude and sense of humor (read that last part twice, if necessary)
- SEO experience
Carvana is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.