CARVANA: VEHICLE TRANSPORTER / CAR HAULER
Creating an extraordinary customer experience is at the heart of Carvana. Our goal is to place the customer in control of the car buying experience and infuse honesty and transparency back into the car buying process.
Carvana is building the largest internal auto transport organization in the country.
- We have grown 500% in the last year.
- We have purchased 30 new Cottrell NextGen Quickloader Car Haulers.
- We have developed our own proprietary Transportation Management System.
- We care about our employees so much they get their birthday off with pay.
- Our delivery routes get you back to family and friends everyday.
- You get an excellent salary and the best benefits in the industry.
- Your benefits include 18 days of PTO during your first year.
- You receive 100% of your salary while being trained on our new equipment.
As a Vehicle Transporter, you will be moving cars between our production facilities and delivery hubs. You will coordinate with fellow Carvana employees to ensure safe & timely delivery of our customer cars.
We look for candidates who reflect Carvana’s values by being flexible and open to change with regard to duties and schedule, know how to be a team player and treat co-workers as well as customers with patience and respect. We love ex-military logisticians!
- Load and secure cars on 5, 8 or 9 car trailers in a safe, efficient and timely manner
- Transport cars between locations
- Communicate with Inspection Centers and HUB employees
- Perform tasks independently with minimal supervision
- Maintain a clean driving record and Class A CDL
- Follow all safety procedures and maintain driver log
- Must adhere to the delivery schedule
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or equivalent is desirable
- Valid and current CDL with clean driving record
- Ability to speak, read and write English
- Have 1 year of tractor trailer or equivalent Military experience
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively
- Maintain a DOT Medical card
- 21+ years old
This job position is designated as a safety sensitive position.
- Must be able to walk 75’ and climb a 10’ ladder
- Must be able to bend, kneel, twist, squat, stand and climb as required to secure load
- Requires standing, stretching, walking, stooping, pushing and/or pulling in an outdoor environment
- Requires excellent visual acuity and manual dexterity
- Requires use of safety equipment that may include non-slip shoes, gloves, and other protective garments and equipment
- Requires frequent driving
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT IN RETURN
- Home daily
- Competitive Annual Salary
- Quarterly Bonus Program
- 401K with company match
- 1 paid day for your birthday
- 144 hours PTO (160 hours PTO after your first year)
- 100% paid medical benefits for you as an employee; excellent family benefits
- Tuition reimbursement
- Discounted vehicle purchases
- Dynamic, fast-paced company with a 'start-up' culture
Schedule may change without notice. Overnight travel may be required for training, equipment pick-up, immediate business needs and/or emergencies.
Carvana is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check and drug screening.