Carvana (IT’S NOT EASY TO SELL CARS ONLINE)
It’s simple, our customers need engaging experiences online to make a huge purchase on something as personal as a car. Complete transparency is required, no surprises allowed upon delivery - only excitement.
This is not a hollow promise. Failure to meet expectations means our logistics team must go pick up the car so we can issue a refund or a replacement.
The people and technology involved leave no dull moments. Careful thought, collaboration, and execution is what allows us to succeed in serving our customers.
Senior Software Engineer - Atlanta
As a senior software engineer at Carvana you will have the opportunity to drive the design and development of mission critical, high-priority, and high-visibility projects including evolving and new initiatives (read: greenfield). You will join a team of highly competent, driven, and supportive engineers in our Atlanta office as well as HQ in Phoenix and beyond.
Responsibilities (WHY WE NEED YOU)
- Collaborate with multiple stakeholders to establish appropriate intent of our systems
- Design, develop, test, deliver, support, and improve our software systems
- Appropriately manage priorities, dependencies, scope, dates, and deliverables
- Plan and coordinate the execution of work among a team while balancing priorities
- Represent a long-term perspective on our technical landscape
- Maintain the integrity of our domain concepts and data
- Support consuming applications such as web, mobile, or other systems
- Mentor and empower other team members through conversations in person, pairing, email/slack, code reviews, etc.
- Architect, develop, and integrate complex systems under high volume
- Over-communicate expectations, actions, adjustments, etc.
- Demonstrate empathy and drive
Preferred Skills and Experience (WHAT WE THINK MAY HELP)
- Extensive professional experience developing web applications, distributed systems, monolithic and/or microservice applications.
- Proficiency with best practices, patterns, understanding trade-offs in software design
- Interest and ability to learn other technologies and services as needed
- Experience developing large software systems at scale.
- Passion for quality, performance, resilience at scale
- Drive to monitor and inspect complex systems
- Experience with cloud platforms and services
- Relational and Non-relational datastores
- Event-driven architectures
- Excellent communication skills in verbal and written English
Other Related Skills (THINGS YOU MAY ENCOUNTER HERE)
- AWS, S3, RDS, Step Functions, SQS
- Git, GitHub, Bitbucket,
- Machine Learning, Computer Vision, 3D Modeling
- Jenkins, Azure DevOps
- Graylog, Splunk, Cloudwatch
What to expect from Carvana (THE COMPLETE PACKAGE)
- Competitive Salary (AND THIS IS JUST THE START)
- Medical Benefits (CARVANA COVERS 100% OF EMPLOYEE MEDICAL PREMIUMS)
- Dental and Vision Benefits (THIS IS STANDARD, JUST KNOW WE GOT IT)
- Employee car discounts and perks (DUH!)
- 401K with company match (YOUR FUTURE IS BRIGHT)
- Autonomous and transparent work environment (WE WANT TOP TALENT FOR A REASON)
- Encouraging and supportive work environment (YOUR GROWTH IS OUR GROWTH)
- Fun and playful work environment (FUN DRIVES US)
- Flexible and understanding work environment (LIFE HAPPENS WE GET IT)
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check.
Carvana is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.