At Carvana, we sell cars, but we’re not salespeople. Since 2013, we’ve been making it our mission to change the way people buy cars. We saw a huge problem with how much it can suck to buy a car the traditional way, so we committed ourselves to tackling one of the largest, yet-to-be-disrupted markets in the world – the $1T per year U.S. car market (yes, that’s $Trillion with a “T”).
With the ability to search thousands of vehicles from our expansive inventory, to high-resolution 360° photographs of our vehicles’ interior and exterior, to real-time financing and the ability to complete contracts without visiting the back room of a dealership, we provide a seamless, online car buying experience for consumers that can be completed from their desktop or mobile device. All our vehicles are inspected and reconditioned based on our 150-point certification checklist and come with a 7-day return policy. We also operate our own logistics network to deliver cars to customers as soon as the next day, as well as offer customer pick-up at our state-of-the-art Car Vending Machine locations (yes, you read that right). By putting customer satisfaction at the core of our business, we’ve built a no-pressure, no-haggle online car buying experience that saves our customers time and money.
For more information on Carvana and our mission, sneak a peek at our company introduction video!
MAKING "IT" HAPPEN:
You'll need to be super approachable and always willing to go above and beyond to help fellow employees with their IT needs and problems. It could be as simple as connecting their monitor to as complicated as tuning their flux capacitor to precisely 1.21 gigawatts!
We expect smart people who are doers with bright ideas, willing to put their game-face on, take on new challenges and juggle many assignments at once. In return for your hard work, you'll have an opportunity to work at one of the fastest growing and creative technology companies around, as well as help us promote a life-changing product and develop a world-class team every day.
We are looking for someone who can design and build an IT infrastructure from the ground up to support the backend systems with network, virtual environments and Active Directory in a fast-paced growing company while thinking out of the box for new and innovative solutions.
You will be responsible for the design, planning, implementation and maintenance of the company's IT architecture and network infrastructure. This role will not only keep track of IT concerns, but also those of the business (while aligning IT needs with the business needs). Additionally, you will:
- Build, deploy and upgrade a network to support 40 sites (and growing!). Some travel required.
- Set up cabling and wiring for network
- Maintain network security; implement and troubleshoot firewall connectivity issues
- Perform network monitoring, analysis, performance tuning; troubleshoot issues such as network authentication.
- Work on Server installation, provisioning and maintenance on multiple levels: OS, DB and Application.
- Centrally maintain corporate directory services, e-mail suite and perform backup/restore operations.
- Plan, implement and maintain SaaS tools including some hybrid environments.
- Occasionally serve as Tier 2 support for helpdesk/desktop support team to help resolve issues when needed.
- Log all technical issues with as much detail as possible.
- Document solutions to new problems and share with the rest of the team.
- Work with vendors in-person or on the phone to resolve an issue.
The qualifying candidate must be enthusiastic, energetic and possess advanced troubleshooting skills. Your experience will ensure the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of the on-premise and hosted environments. You should have:
- 4+ years of enterprise networking design and implementation experience
- Advanced experience configuring network devices and network operating systems (Juniper, Fortinet, Meraki, Palo Alto, Cisco)
- In-depth experience with cloud networking environments in GCP, Azure, and AWS with experience in routing, VPNs, VPC's, BGP Peering, NAT, load balancing and east-west continuity
- Prior experience with large remote site management utilizing Meraki VPN's
- At least 5 to 7 years of experience supporting enterprise level (medium to large) Server/Network infrastructure environment
- Solid understanding of network protocols, ports and methods. (mainly TCP/IP) and routing protocols (e.g. BGP, OSPF)
- Enterprise experience in server virtualization. Nutanix AHV preferred
What you can expect in return….
- A full-time, salaried position
- Medical (employee medical fully paid by Carvana), Dental, and Vision benefits
- A 401K with company match
- All the snacks and drinks your heart desires (plus iced coffee on tap!)
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization
Carvana is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.