At Carvana, we sell cars, but we’re not salespeople. Since 2013, we’ve been making it our mission to change the way people buy cars. We saw a huge problem with how much it can suck to buy a car the traditional way, so we committed ourselves to tackling one of the largest, yet-to-be-disrupted markets in the world – the $1T per year U.S. car market (yes, that’s $Trillion with a “T”).
With the ability to search thousands of vehicles from our expansive inventory, to high-resolution 360° photographs of our vehicles’ interior and exterior, to real-time financing and the ability to complete contracts without visiting the back room of a dealership, we provide a seamless, online car buying experience for consumers that can be completed from their desktop or mobile device. All our vehicles are inspected and reconditioned based on our 150-point certification checklist and come with a 7-day return policy. We also operate our own logistics network to deliver cars to customers as soon as the next day, as well as offer customer pick-up at our state-of-the-art Car Vending Machine locations (yes, you read that right). By putting customer satisfaction at the core of our business, we’ve built a no-pressure, no-haggle online car buying experience that save our customers time and money.
For more information on Carvana, take a look at our company introduction video.
WORKING AT CARVANA YOU WILL NOTICE THAT...
You'll need to be a great communicator, a brand ambassador, and possess the know how to get the job done.
We expect bright people, willing to roll up their sleeves, take on new assignments, and juggle many things at once.
In return for your hard work, you'll have an opportunity to work at one of the fastest growing and creative technology companies around, as well as help us promote a life-changing product and develop a world-class team every day.
In our down time we have ping pong and corn hole (or “bags,” depending on where you’re from) tournaments. However, the pace is pretty quick around here, so you'll need to be prepared to keep up.
We also have Wacky Pants Wednesdays…so you’ll have to come correct here to compete with our CEO Ernie.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR….
A Development Project Manager to join a rapidly growing Real Estate team. The Development Project Manager will report to the Manager of Development & Entitlements and will manage the Development process in order to meet our quick expansion needs. The ideal candidate will have relevant experience with real estate and development. The ideal candidate must also possess superior organization and communications skills. Most importantly, you will see your insights have an immediate, tangible impact every day in a well-funded and rapidly growing company.
The Development Project Manager will be a full-time salaried position based at our Home Office in Tempe. Travel is required.
SPECIFICALLY, YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE:
- Comprehensive preparation and presentation of due diligence including but not limited to preliminary schedules, Phase I ESAs, geotechnical reports, wetlands delineations, surveying and plat requirements, preliminary site engineering, landscape requirements, and entitlements applications to local jurisdictions and property owners
- Managing consultants, including architects, land use counsel, civil engineers, etc. including the negotiation of required service contracts
- Processing all environmental applications and permits for approval
- Processing applications for planned developments, rezonings, tentative maps, development agreements, design reviews, general plan amendments, and variances.
- Attending and present at local public municipal hearings, pre application meetings, etc.
- Managing the production of site plans, civil plans, plot plans, grading plans and phasing plans; includes detailed coordination with architectural plans and prototypes
- Managing the production of landscape plans (model, production, parks, and other public amenities)
- Obtaining civil permits, building permits, encroachment and environmental permits, and all other necessary permits that may be required by the jurisdictions
- Negotiating agency agreements and managing economic Incentives
- Preparing and managing the development budget and timeline
- Developing and managing relationships with property owners, landlords, municipal staff, officials and utility providers
- Understanding and clearly communicating the needs of different jurisdictions to internal and external stakeholders at Carvana
- Negotiate and finalize entitlements from municipalities
- Other duties as assigned
THE QUALIFYING CANDIDATE MUST HAVE:
- Bachelor’s degree or 5 years’ relevant experience.
- At least 4 years of experience in commercial real estate development, previous Project Manager experience preferred
- Experience in leading consultant teams and collaborating with internal partners in the creation of new designs, (particularly site designs) the preparation and execution of accurate project schedules, and the management of the application process
- Keen understanding of the commercial development process
- Ability to read and understand complex zoning codes, general plans, specific plans, overlays and technical reports
- Intricate understanding of the key decision drivers in project approvals both internal and external
- Exceptional interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Comprehensive understanding of jurisdictional bureaucratic processes and a proven ability to negotiate optimal outcomes in terms of design, schedule and budget
- Ability to manage multiple projects at the same time while maintaining a high attention to detail
- Ability to operate at a high level in a dynamic, collaborative, goal oriented and ever changing corporate environment
- Ability to meet professional dress, grooming and hygiene standards to present a polished and businesslike image to external audiences on behalf of Carvana.
- A team player mentality
- You will not leave your personality at home. We thrive from each unique perspective. Our strength is in our diversity of opinions.
WE'D BE THRILLED IF YOU HAD....
- Knowledge of the Carvana business model
- Project management experience
- Savvy Gmail and G-Suite skills
- Related professional certification(s)
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT IN RETURN:
- Full-Time Salary Position
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K with company match
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization
- Company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development
Carvana is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.