At Carvana, we sell cars, but we’re not salespeople. Since 2013, we’ve been making it our mission to change the way people buy cars. We saw a huge problem with how much it can suck to buy a car the traditional way, so we committed ourselves to tackling one of the largest, yet-to-be-disrupted markets in the world – the $1T per year U.S. car market (yes, that’s $Trillion with a “T”).
With the ability to search thousands of vehicles from our expansive inventory, to high-resolution 360° photographs of our vehicles’ interior and exterior, to real-time financing and the ability to complete contracts without visiting the back room of a dealership, we provide a seamless, online car buying experience for consumers that can be completed from their desktop or mobile device. All our vehicles are inspected and reconditioned based on our 150-point certification checklist and come with a 7-day return policy. We also operate our own logistics network to deliver cars to customers as soon as the next day, as well as offer customer pick-up at our state-of-the-art Car Vending Machine locations (yes, you read that right). By putting customer satisfaction at the core of our business, we’ve built a no-pressure, no-haggle online car buying experience that saves our customers time and money.
For more information on Carvana and our mission, sneak a peek at our company introduction video.
WORKING AT CARVANA YOU WILL NOTICE THAT…
You'll need to be a great communicator, a brand ambassador, and possess the know how to get the job done. We expect bright people, willing to roll up their sleeves, take on new assignments, and juggle many things at once.
In return for your hard work, you'll have an opportunity to work at one of the fastest growing and creative technology companies around, as well as help us promote a life-changing product and develop a world-class team every day.
In our downtime, we have ping pong and corn hole (or “bags,” depending on where you’re from) tournaments. However, the pace is pretty quick around here, so you'll need to be prepared to keep up.
Carvana is looking for an enthusiastic individual with strong experience in automated testing that is passionate about the customer experience to join our team as an Automation Engineer. You will work closely with development and product teams to release and maintain new features without compromising on quality.
- Develop, debug, and maintain test scripts, test cases and automation frameworks for our web applications and back end services
- Report defects discovered during automated test runs
- Evaluate tools/technologies to continue enhancing the automation framework
- Work collaboratively with other Quality Engineers and Developers
- Other duties as assigned
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- 3-5 years experience with modern, open source automation tools such as Selenium WebDriver and JUnit
- Experience with Appium, Cypress, and Postman a huge plus!
- Understanding of Service Oriented Architecture, Object Oriented Design, and Design Patterns
- Basic competency with Git Source Control
- RESTful services experience
- Experience with Agile software development methodology (SCRUM)
- Are an innovator and tinkerer to your core
- Maintain a healthy balance of disciplined test planning with day-to-day flexibility
- Background working on mature, 24/7 SaaS web applications
- Comfortable with and have experience working in small, fast moving companies with “just enough” process
- Thrive in an environment of loose direction and trust
- Love to break sh^t for a living
ADDITIONAL PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Familiarity with VSTS, SDLC
- Familiarity with Splunk or another log tracking software
- Experience in cross-browser and mobile web testing
- Experience working with Jira or another test manager
- Basic knowledge of Docker and Kubernetes
- Some experience with load and performance testing
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check
Carvana is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship. Additionally, this is not a Corp to Corp opportunity.