If you like how Amazon revolutionized the way we shop online then you will LOVE what Carvana has done for the car buying experience. Buying a car the old fashioned way sucks and we are working hard to make it NOT suck. At Carvana, our customers can hop online to...
- Search and browse our inventory of over 20,000 vehicles that we own and certify
- Narrow down search results using highly intelligent filtering tools/components
- View vehicle details, Carfax reports and 360 rotating studio images for every vehicle
- Secure financing in minutes using Carvana’s in house service or their own bank
- Interact with GUI components to easily customize loan length, down payment and monthly payment
- Generate, upload and eSign all documents online (no ink necessary)
- Schedule front door delivery or pick up at one of our vending machines
- Trade in their existing vehicle or just sell it to Carvana (no purchase necessary)
The Conversational AI team is a talented and humble group of people with backgrounds in Product, Design, Data Science and Engineering, that are focused on Human-Computer interaction (HCI). Our core product is a communication platform that car buyers, sellers and Carvana Advocates rely on every day for a seamless car shopping experience. We focus immensely on the end-consumer and build our systems ground-up to deliver on that experience.
As a core member of our Conversational AI team, you will work across all areas of developing our Conversation Engine, such as building Machine Learning for intent and topic classification, entity recognition, as well as help develop our data and AI strategy. You will have the opportunity to work closely with our Product, Experience and Software Engineering teams to deliver impact on every aspect of the purchase process, from search to vehicle delivery.
- Work closely with Product and Experience teams to develop UIs for seamless Human-Computer interaction
- Develop our training portal that domain experts use to tag, classify and organize our training
- Full software development lifecycle from design and development to testing and operating in production
- Communicate effectively with engineers, product managers and data scientists
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience architecting, developing and deploying front end UIs
- Experience with cloud APIs (e.g., GCP, AWS, Azure)
- Solid understanding of computer systems and networks
- Production quality coding standards and patterns
- You will help us build a stronger company – every day
BONUS SKILLS (Helpful but not required)
- Kubernetes and Docker
- gRPC, SQL, Scala, JVM
- Desire to become a full-stack engineer
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT IN RETURN
- Full-Time Salary Position
- Health, Dental and Vision benefits (CARVANA COVERS 100% OF EMPLOYEE MEDICAL PREMIUMS)
- An amazing work, learn, and play environment near downtown and UC Berkeley
- Employee car discounts and perks
- 401K with company match
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check.
Carvana is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.