At Carvana, we sell cars, but we’re not salespeople. Since 2013, we’ve been making it our mission to change the way people buy cars. We saw a huge problem with how much it can suck to buy a car the traditional way, so we committed ourselves to tackling one of the largest, yet-to-be-disrupted markets in the world – the $1T per year U.S. car market (yes, that’s $Trillion with a “T”).
With the ability to search thousands of vehicles from our expansive inventory, to high-resolution 360° photographs of our vehicles’ interior and exterior, to real-time financing and the ability to complete contracts without visiting the back room of a dealership, we provide a seamless, online car buying experience for consumers that can be completed from their desktop or mobile device. All our vehicles are inspected and reconditioned based on our 150-point certification checklist and come with a 7-day return policy. We also operate our own logistics network to deliver cars to customers as soon as the next day, as well as offer customer pick-up at our state-of-the-art Car Vending Machine locations (yes, you read that right). By putting customer satisfaction at the core of our business, we’ve built a no-pressure, no-haggle online car buying experience that save our customers time and money.
For more information on Carvana, take a look at our company introduction video.
WORKING AT CARVANA YOU WILL NOTICE THAT…
You'll need to be a great communicator, a brand ambassador and possess the know how to get the job done.
We expect bright people, willing to roll up their sleeves, take on new assignments and juggle many things at once.
In return for your hard work, you'll have an opportunity to work at one of the fastest growing and creative technology companies around, as well as help us promote a life-changing product and develop a world-class team every day.
In our down time we have ping pong and corn hole (or “bags,” depending on where you’re from) tournaments. However, the pace is pretty quick around here, so you'll need to be prepared to keep up.
Specifically, as a Senior Salesforce Engineer you can expect that….
- You will design and adjust the Carvana Salesforce data model in response to our needs and growth.
- You will write Apex triggers to perform functionality on data insert / update / delete, including bulk data changes.
- You will write scheduled and batch Apex to perform regular operations on large data sets.
- You will build integrations between Salesforce and other systems at Carvana, including custom in-house software.
- You will build front-end components in both Visualforce and Lightning that maximize composability and demonstrate proper consideration for synchronous and asynchronous behaviors.
- You will be responsible for keeping our Salesforce org running under the SFDC limits.
- You will work within custom Apex code frameworks and libraries designed in-house.
- You will write automated Salesforce tests to track the code coverage, functionality and limit usage of our Salesforce Apex code.
- You will gather requirements and implement them in a feature-complete manner.
- You will build applications with enterprise-level resiliency and logging.
- You are willing to perform other duties as assigned.
Enough about us….
- You have 4+ years of Salesforce Development experience, focusing primarily on Apex development.
- You have worked and built nontrivial backend software in Apex or another major programming language.
- You have experience building integration solutions between SFDC and external systems and practical experience with enterprise integration patterns
- You are familiar with Apex coding conventions, patterns, and best practices and have applied them in previous Salesforce codebases.
- You have written coverage-complete Salesforce automated tests and practice TDD methodologies.
- You have worked with Salesforce APIs: SOAP, REST, Bulk, Streaming, and Metadata API.
- You have worked with Git or another version control system in the past.
- You have practical experience with version control (Git), deployment orchestration, and CI/CD processes.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT IN RETURN:
- Full-Time Salary Position
- Medical, Dental and Vision benefits
- 401K with company match
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization
- Company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development