At Carvana, we sell cars, but we’re not salespeople. Since 2013, we’ve been making it our mission to change the way people buy cars. We saw a huge problem with how much it can suck to buy a car the traditional way, so we committed ourselves to tackling one of the largest, yet-to-be-disrupted markets in the world – the $1T per year U.S. car market (yes, that’s $Trillion with a “T”).
With the ability to search thousands of vehicles from our expansive inventory, to high-resolution 360° photographs of our vehicles’ interior and exterior, to real-time financing and the ability to complete contracts without visiting the back room of a dealership, we provide a seamless, online car buying experience for consumers that can be completed from their desktop or mobile device. All our vehicles are inspected and reconditioned based on our 150-point certification checklist and come with a 7-day return policy. We also operate our own logistics network to deliver cars to customers as soon as the next day, as well as offer customer pick-up at our state-of-the-art Car Vending Machine locations (yes, you read that right). By putting customer satisfaction at the core of our business, we’ve built a no-pressure, no-haggle online car buying experience that save our customers time and money.
For more information on Carvana and our mission, sneak a peek at our company introduction video.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR…
An enthusiastic individual to join our team as a Associate Product Manager focused on Supply Chain, Operations and Logistics.
YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL INCLUDE…
- Visualizing and modeling entire Supply Chains in order to identify points of weakness and areas of improvement
- Understanding logistics networks to maximize efficiency and evolve operational goals
- Manage new system testing, beta and implementation of transportation management platform
- Sync multiple platforms to achieve systematic harmony and maximize data acquisition
- Removing impediments and/or guiding the team toward removing impediments, focusing on end goal
- Facilitating discussion, decision making, and conflict resolution
- Supporting and educating the Product Manager, especially with respect to grooming and maintaining the product backlog
- Identifying project risks and raising them proactively
- Assisting the Product Manager to write test scenarios as required
- Helping the team on estimating of the user stories
- Provide the common tasking codes for the team for better tracking on technical front
- Suggest product enhancements to improve user experience and positively impacts Supply Chain business
- Coordinate with the engineering department and other Carvana business units to help document and deliver functional solutions & integrations
- Conduct research to identify customer needs and Solution gaps
- Create Business & Systems Workflows and Business Requirements document
- Help Prioritize the implementation of new features and set specific timelines
- Perform Testing & Quality Assurance controls on products
- Liaise with the Operations and Marketing department to train end users for a smooth transition to new products & feature upgrades of existing products
- Assist in Go-Live planning and product rollouts
- Monitor, Collect and Report on end user feedback post launch
- Create support and training documents for internal and external users
- Participate in system configuration
- Develop and drive analysis on our ancillary product performance while identifying problems and owning solutions
- Own and develop relationships with Operations & Engineering teams. Work with them to optimize and enhance system integrations
THE QUALIFYING CANDIDATE MUST HAVE…
- Experience playing the Project Manager role for field operations software implementations in collaboration with engineering and product teams. Include software testing, scenario piloting and complete feedback loops
- Must have at least 3 years of experience in Operational leadership
- Experience managing Product Life Cycle or Product Management
- Critical thinker with tolerance for ambiguity. You independently and thoughtfully develop solutions to complex problems
- Ability to work autonomously to own initiatives and drive results. You are able to work effectively across organizations to prioritize and be responsible for outcomes
- Contribute to or lead projects that define, launch, and drive strategic initiatives
- Collect and analyze data on the latest trends in supply chain w/in Carvana
- Prior experience in automobile industry preferred
- Familiarity with market research, consumers’ behavior and marketing techniques
- Knowledge of project management tools, like Jira
- Fair understanding of technology to effectively discuss with technical consultants
- Good communication skills along with the ability to effectively collaborate with cross functional teams
- A positive team player looking to make a positive change
- A sense of humor. Seriously!
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT IN RETURN…
- Full-Time Salary Position
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K with company match
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization
- Company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development
Carvana is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.