At Carvana, we sell cars, but we’re not salespeople. Since 2013, we’ve been making it our mission to change the way people buy cars. We saw a huge problem with how much it can suck to buy a car the traditional way, so we committed ourselves to tackling one of the largest, yet-to-be-disrupted markets in the world – the $1T per year U.S. car market (yes, that’s $Trillion with a “T”).
With the ability to search thousands of vehicles from our expansive inventory, to high-resolution 360° photographs of our vehicles’ interior and exterior, to real-time financing and the ability to complete contracts without visiting the back room of a dealership, we provide a seamless, online car buying experience for consumers that can be completed from their desktop or mobile device. All our vehicles are inspected and reconditioned based on our 150-point certification checklist and come with a 7-day return policy. We also operate our own logistics network to deliver cars to customers as soon as the next day, as well as offer customer pick-up at our state-of-the-art Car Vending Machine locations (yes, you read that right). By putting customer satisfaction at the core of our business, we’ve built a no-pressure, no-haggle online car buying experience that save our customers time and money.
For more information on Carvana, take a look at our company introduction video.
WORKING AT CARVANA YOU WILL NOTICE THAT...
You'll need to be a great communicator, a brand ambassador, and possess the know how to get the job done.
We expect bright people, willing to roll up their sleeves, take on new assignments, and juggle many things at once.
In return for your hard work, you'll have an opportunity to work at one of the fastest growing and creative technology companies around, as well as help us promote a life-changing product and develop a world-class team every day.
In our down time we have ping pong and corn hole (or “bags,” depending on where you’re from) tournaments. However, the pace is pretty quick around here, so you'll need to be prepared to keep up.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR….
Carvana is looking for an enthusiastic and experienced individual to join our team as a Financial Analyst. The Financial Analyst will play a key role in developing and maintaining all aspects of Carvana’s first-of-its-kind automobile lending platform, as well as supporting Carvana’s relationships with major financial institutions. Most importantly, you will see your insights have an immediate, tangible impact every day in a well-funded and rapidly growing company.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING...
- Play a critical role in determining how to we should set customer interest rates, down payment requirements, and other key financing terms
- Develop and maintain extremely complex cash flow models to support valuation of large pools of auto loans
- Prepare forecasts of finance platform profit and loss for senior management
- Collect and analyze data on the latest trends in the auto finance market and participate in making strategic decisions regarding the direction of our lending business
- Manage financing relationships with major financial institutions and loan investors
- Monitor loan portfolio performance and generate loan portfolio reporting packages for senior management and external investors
WHAT YOU SHOULD HAVE...
This is an Analyst role. The qualifying candidate must be goal-oriented, enthusiastic, energetic, organized, and self-motivated, with the ability to interact and communicate with all levels of the organization.
- BA/BS or MS in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Physics, or Engineering. Graduate Degree preferred
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Proven experience working in SQL
- Exposure to at least one statistical programming language Python, R, SAS, MATLAB, etc.
- An understanding of and interest in the financial markets
- Knowledge of statistics and regression analysis
IT WOULD BE GREAT IF YOU ALSO HAVE...
- Background in lending, consumer lending, credit cards, auto loans, student loans, or mortgages.
- Experience with Tableau or other BI/visualization technologies
- Experience with cash flow modeling
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT IN RETURN...
- Full-Time Salary Position
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K with company match
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization
- Company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development
Carvana is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.