At Carvana, we sell cars, but we’re not salespeople. Since 2013, we’ve been making it our mission to change the way people buy cars. We saw a huge problem with how much it can suck to buy a car the traditional way, so we committed ourselves to tackling one of the largest, yet-to-be-disrupted markets in the world – the $1T per year U.S. car market (yes, that’s $Trillion with a “T”).
With the ability to search thousands of vehicles from our expansive inventory, to high-resolution 360° photographs of our vehicles’ interior and exterior, to real-time financing and the ability to complete contracts without visiting the back room of a dealership, we provide a seamless, online car buying experience for consumers that can be completed from their desktop or mobile device. All our vehicles are inspected and reconditioned based on our 150-point certification checklist and come with a 7-day return policy. We also operate our own logistics network to deliver cars to customers as soon as the next day, as well as offer customer pick-up at our state-of-the-art Car Vending Machine locations (yes, you read that right). By putting customer satisfaction at the core of our business, we’ve built a no-pressure, no-haggle online car buying experience that save our customers time and money.
For more information on Carvana, take a look at our company introduction video.
WORKING AT CARVANA YOU WILL NOTICE THAT...
You'll need to be a great communicator, a brand ambassador, and possess the know how to get the job done.
We expect bright people, willing to roll up their sleeves, take on new assignments, and juggle many things at once.
In return for your hard work, you'll have an opportunity to work at one of the fastest growing and creative technology companies around, as well as help us promote a life-changing product and develop a world-class team every day.
In our down time we have ping pong and corn hole (or “bags,” depending on where you’re from) tournaments. However, the pace is pretty quick around here, so you'll need to be prepared to keep up.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR….
Carvana is looking for an enthusiastic and experienced individual to join our team as a Financial Analyst. At Carvana, Financial Analysts are analytics experts that play a key role in driving business decisions and setting cross-functional priorities within our many business lines, including Lending, Ancillary Products, Vehicle Acquisition, Logistics, Operations, etc.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING...
- Create SQL tables and other data infrastructure to organize key data related to particular business lines.
- Develop, maintain, and communicate reporting on business lines for senior leadership using tools like Tableau, Excel, and monthly presentations.
- Use sophisticated analytical techniques including regression analyses to diagnose anomalies in KPIs.
- Create financial models in Excel and scripting languages to evaluate and recommend adjustments to business strategy, and to generate business line forecasts.
- Automate finance and operational tasks using R, Python, VBA, and other tools.
- Collaborate with partners from across the business to implement new systems, tools, and strategies.
WHAT YOU SHOULD HAVE...
This is an Analyst role. The qualifying candidate must be goal-oriented, enthusiastic, energetic, organized, and self-motivated, with the ability to interact and communicate with all levels of the organization.
- BA/BS or MS in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Physics, or Engineering preferred; BS/MS in Finance, Economics, or business fields considered with adequate technical background.
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Proven experience working in SQL
- Exposure to at least one statistical programming language Python, R, SAS, MATLAB, etc.
- Knowledge of statistics and regression analysis
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT IN RETURN...
- Full-Time Salary Position
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K with company match
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization
- Company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development
Carvana is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.