WHAT IS CARVANA?
CARVANA’s goal is to change the way people search, finance, and buy used vehicles. We are replacing plaid suits, gold chains and a miserable 4 hour in-store process with technology that allows for customers to buy a car in as little as 11 minutes! Carvana is a fast-growing technology startup that was recently recognized by Forbes as the 5th Most Promising Company of 2015. Founded in 2012, Carvana has quickly expanded and is doing so again in several new markets. We are looking for talented individuals who will deliver our unique customer experience.
For more information on Carvana, take a look at our company introduction video.
WORKING AT CARVANA, YOU'LL NOTICE...
In our down time we have ping pong & corn hole (or bags, depending on where you’re from) tournaments. We regularly host Hackathons to promote innovation and foster new ideas. Don’t forget Wacky Pants Wednesdays…you’ll have to have some pretty strong game here to compete with our CEO Ernie, who could supply the wardrobe for an entire season of throwback Soul Train episodes.
We expect bright people who are willing to roll up their sleeves, take on new assignments, and juggle many things at once. In return for your hard work, you'll have an opportunity to work at one of the fastest growing, most innovative technology companies to occupy the automotive space (as well as the Earth space).
We’re working on a game-changing product while building a world-class team. Every day.
We’re looking for experienced engineers with a passion for tackling big problems. Our veteran team chews through requirements and cranks out code like Pac Man on diet cheat day. We need a DevOps guru that can keep pace with this crew. The ideal candidate for this position will bring the processes, tool mastery and experience needed to help us get fresh bits in front of our users as quickly as possible. You know that pushing code is only half of the battle and bring additional skills and insight to help us monitor systems and processes in order to be proactive in problem resolution.
You bring discipline and care to implementation practices. You have a desire to tinker until it's reliable, robust and performant. You see regular code and process reviews as opportunities to learn from and educate your talented peers and are genuinely excited to constructively participate.
We iterate quickly and you will see your work have an immediate, scaled impact every day in a well-funded and rapidly growing company.
- Work with Carvana Engineering staff to support and implement tools, practices, policies and standards that will:
- Enrich the development lifecycle, increase velocity and improve quality in an organic and seamless way
- Promote the efficiency, frequency and reliability of software deployments
- Introduce mechanisms to proactively mitigate risks associated with software deployments and reactively correct deployment errors efficiently
- Monitor production infrastructure, on-prem and in The Cloud, in order to proactively address systemic failures as efficiently as possible
- 5+ years experience working in a Windows/Linux/AWS or other cloud environment.
- Should have a strong understanding of build and deployment platforms, tools and services including VSTS, Jenkins, MS Build, TFS, VSO, Git, gulp, etc.
- Should have a strong understanding of deployment, maintenance and administration tasks related to AWS or other cloud environment
- Should have some familiarity with monitoring and log management tools and services - Splunk, ELK
- Should have a strong understanding of all things network - TCP/IP, ICMP, SSH, LDAP, DNS, etc.
- Should have a strong understanding of network and platform security strategies, algorithms and implementation practices
- Should be familiar with Kubernetes and Docker
- Should have a strong understanding of Terraform and infrastructure as code philosophies
- A Bachelor’s Degree or higher in related field, or professional experience working with related technologies
- Strong debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Good communication and collaboration skills
- Carvana developers work very closely with strong supporting teams and require great interpersonal skills including a positive attitude and sense of humor
Carvana is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.