We sell cars but we’re not car salesmen. We saw a huge problem with how sucky it can be to buy a car and our mission is to unsuck car buying, every step of the way. We don’t see ourselves as an innovation company. But in the interest of making car buying better, we create technologies that have never been created.
We have big hearts and big dreams. Forbes recently named us in the top 5 most promising companies in America, but we want to be number one.
We’re not a big, bloated company with layers of people, all afraid to say ‘yes’. You have a voice in the direction we’re headed and we like to think that’s pretty powerful. For more information on Carvana, take a look at our company introduction video.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR….
A UX Designer with an insatiable curiosity to rethink how people interact with the internet. In collaboration with a team of designers, product managers, and software engineers, you’ll develop and refine infrastructures for various web-based products that are functional, and designed with the end-user in mind. An interest and understanding of human interaction, user-experience, user-interface, e-commerce site design, and development is required. We are looking for a team-player who will take pride in creating user-centered assets across the business. This individual will pay very high attention to details that closely align with business goals and user needs. You will also be an excellent problem solver that make data-driven solutions.
SPECIFICALLY, YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
- Understand the user experience strategy for a product and drive the overall design solutions based on usability, intuitiveness, consistency, delightfulness, business goals and time to market
- Take the lead in user testing and research to uncover customer and business needs
- Facilitate dialog and work closely with product, engineering, and creative around end-user requirements and business requirements
- Utilize user flows, process flows and personas to help business leaders better understand users’ current experience, and devise solutions to enhance it
THE QUALIFYING CANDIDATE MUST HAVE:
- A Bachelor’s degree in related field from an accredited institution
- 7+ years of user experience, design experience for software, web applications which leverage emergent technologies, consumer electronics and/or mobile devices
- 2+ years of management experience overseeing UX team members
- Solid understanding of interaction design and fundamental design principles
- Ability to prioritize/re-prioritize multiple projects and/or deadlines in a fast-paced and constantly shifting work environment
- Enthusiasm and energy to contribute to and thrive in a rapidly growing start-up atmosphere where roles continually adapt as the company evolves
- Hiring is contingent on candidate verifying their eligibility to work in the United States and passing a complete background check
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT IN RETURN:
- Full-Time Salary Position
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits
- 401K with company match
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization
- Company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development
Carvana is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.