At Carvana, we sell cars, but we’re not salespeople. Since 2013, we’ve been making it our mission to change the way people buy cars. We saw a huge problem with how much it can suck to buy a car the traditional way, so we committed ourselves to tackling one of the largest, yet-to-be-disrupted markets in the world – the $1T per year U.S. car market (yes, that’s $Trillion with a “T”).
With the ability to search thousands of vehicles from our expansive inventory, to high-resolution 360° photographs of our vehicles’ interior and exterior, to real-time financing and the ability to complete contracts without visiting the back room of a dealership, we provide a seamless, online car buying experience for consumers that can be completed from their desktop or mobile device. All our vehicles are inspected and reconditioned based on our 150-point certification checklist and come with a 7-day return policy. We also operate our own logistics network to deliver cars to customers as soon as the next day, as well as offer customer pick-up at our state-of-the-art Car Vending Machine locations (yes, you read that right). By putting customer satisfaction at the core of our business, we’ve built a no-pressure, no-haggle online car buying experience that saves our customers time and money.
For more information on Carvana and our mission, sneak a peek at our company introduction video.
The Senior Engineer for Experimentation is responsible for A/B testing framework development, support, and evangelism. Should have had experience with server and client side programming languages and paradigms. Comfort/familiarity with statistics a strong plus. This will be a very hands-on role including framework selection/development, site-wide experiment design and execution, and acting as a domain expert across the organization to help teams meet their experimentation goals, as well as contributing holistically to funnel optimization.
The Senior Engineer for Experimentation will cross-functionally work with Carvana’s Architecture and Analytics teams to define and implement the requirements for experimentation across the organization and work with teams to achieve their experiment goals.
You will participate, end to end, in the product life cycle: requirements gathering, solution design, planning, development, testing, and implementation. You energetically and deftly react to rapidly evolving business needs and requirements, find solutions to unexpected technical challenges and seek out opportunities to contribute to the meteoric growth of our business, enrich our culture and improve the quality of our tools, code and processes.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Great communication and collaboration skills; comfortable discussing projects with our Executive team
- 5+ years of experience in .NET development (C#, ASP.NET, MVC, Web API)
- A comprehensive understanding of software craftsmanship ideals - clean code principles, unit testing fundamentals, design pattern selection and application, architectural pattern selection and application
- A good understanding of design patterns and N-Tier architecture
- Strong debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Carvana developers work very closely with strong supporting teams and require great interpersonal skills including a positive attitude and sense of humor (read that last part twice, if necessary)
NICE TO HAVE:
- A Bachelor’s Degree or higher in a related field, or professional experience working with related technologies
- A background in experimentation, analytics, or statistics
- Exposure to implementing experiments such as A/B testing, personalization, or multivariate testing
Carvana is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.
This role is not eligible for visa sponsorship.